- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As the Lead Product Owner, you will play an important role in achieving Dyson’s direct business ambitions. Whether enhancing dyson.com or rolling out new markets across the globe, you will be on point to ensure the product is developed to the right level of quality and pace.
With a monthly spend of over £2million, on one of Dyson’s biggest IT investments, this role requires an experienced Senior Product Owner with a broad and deep knowledge of the platform; and building and trading eCommerce websites; to ensure Dyson is getting value for money.
You will Lead the Product Owner team across DXP and become the go-to Product Owner for delivery across the platform for the US, GB&I and Canada plus the 8 new markets due to join in 2020. You will be responsible for the day-to-day cadence of sprint planning, prioritisation and stand ups ensuring work is well managed, communicated and understood by our stakeholder community.
You will ensure that all product verticals have a prioritised and well-groomed backlog and that work flows through each part of the development lifecycle seamlessly and there is adequate resource to shape and develop the product. Ensure Product Owners are assigned to testing and accepting the solution in a timely manner; making sure any defects are appropriately triaged and prioritised into the backlog to be fixed.
Working closely with Programme Management, you will be the Lead across quarterly planning workshops to forward plan sprints, making sure the master backlog is delivered as prioritised.
You work closely with the Head of Direct Product to create a product vision and roadmap for dyson.com, closely aligned to our blueprint ambitions. You will make sure the product vision is well communicated; with clear criteria for getting new demand onto the roadmap understood across the business. Working with the Product Owners and Product Analysts you will make sure business benefits are well defined and challenge stakeholders where necessary.
Governance and operations
Using your experience, you will work closely with our delivery partners (including Group IT, UX/UI, third party system integrators) to improve ways of working to drive quality and pace of delivery. You will attend and support various governance forums to ensure the Direct Product Owner team are well represented and our objectives are clearly understood. You ensure management reporting reflects the health of the programme.
You will ensure there is good visibility and tracking of sprint velocity - holding third parties to account where velocity drops below acceptable tolerances.
You will devise and oversee a communication strategy to manage the wider stakeholder community; ensuring each vertical Product Owner understands its community and has an appropriate level of communication to keep stakeholders well informed on the status of work and the benefits of each release.
- Existing/Senior Product Manager/Head of Product with experience of leading large product teams and backlogs to deliver commercial results in a consumer facing retail, services, and/or ecommerce environment.
- Extensive experience of working in agile scrum
- A positive and impactful communicator
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions about business priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of how customers engage and interact online and across channels.
- Customer-focused: able to view problems and solutions through customer needs, journeys and data to then shape the technology solution.
- Excellent commercial acumen, comfortable with numbers and basic analytics
- A proven ability to balance and champion business, brand and customer needs
- Comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical teams
- Confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions
- And be super passionate about the web, technology and customer experience.
· Pension scheme
· Performance related bonus
· Life assurance
· Sports centre
· Free on-site parking
· Lift share scheme
· Subsidised café and restaurants
· Discount on Dyson machines