- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
Our new product teams take radical new ideas and develop them into reality. They explore the limits of our technology and optimise it through relentless experimenting, testing and iterating.
About the role
Our Lead Project Manager supports a range of projects across research and NPI. You will build strong partnerships with Category Developers. You have a good understanding of project management principles, theories & concepts and understand how to apply them to deliver the project independently
You will identify and manage stakeholders, identifying and resolving conflict and empowering and inspiring the team to ensure delivery of key objectives. Utilise systems, processes and resources to facilitate the optimal delivery of projects and where appropriate develop new tools/processes. Coordinate and communicates project scope to ensure timely delivery. You are able to work independently, with some guidance.
agreed project deliverables for several research and NPI projects
- Undertake stage gate reviews as per the original plan of record (POR)
- Have a Level 2 project plan for each live technology project and have a good understanding of the projects critical path
- Record major project deviations during the project that impact either cost, time or specification
- Have a good understanding of technological challenges and issues each research project has
- Ensure project scopes are clearly defined and agreed with the relevant technical authorities/stakeholders
- Manage progress, analyse, collate & report project status and data from a cost, time, spec perspective
with senior stakeholders and cross functional project teams, identifying and
resolving conflict, empowering and inspiring team to ensure delivery of
- Assure proper stakeholder management for each of the technology projects with a RACI in place for system technology projects
- Utilise systems, processes and resources to facilitate and optimise delivery efficiency.
and present reports to escalate issues and enable senior management decision
making where appropriate
- Have an appropriate risk/issue list generated along with mitigations and manage the projects risk and issues as per agreed process
- Application of governance policies, chair meetings and reviews to evaluate progress and ensure risk and issues are identified and managed
- Participate in the definition of and control project budget and cost
- Manage any cross-team communication to ensure stakeholders are aligned and that deliverables and dependencies are clearly understood
- Promote Project Management principals and best practices in all aspects of work to optimise delivery
- Support management on project budget and financial status
- A good understanding of Project Management fundamentals
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention
- Self-motivated and able to resolve conflict, inspire teams, mentor peers, and promote PM principals and best practice
- In-depth understanding and application of business processes, project governance methods and operational/development framework
- Degree qualified (engineering discipline preferable) or equivalent
- Some experience of delivering projects in an engineering or research environment
- Formal Project Management training/ qualifications including APM are desirable but not essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.