- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead, we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
About the role
The Lead Project Manager will be working in the Floorcare Project Management team embedded within Dyson’s wider product development organisation. Reporting into the Programme Manager, the role entails working with multi-disciplinary project teams in different international locations spanning the design and development, manufacturing engineering, operations and commercial functions to develop new Dyson products from initial concept to a developed design, to be transitioned to SEA ahead of production development. Dyson is a design and innovation led company, whilst equally valuing project schedule adherence and budget adherence.
• Co-lead with the project Design Manager, the project team spanning multiple international locations, towards delivering the project success criteria, from inception to product launch.
• Apply core PM capability to identify interdependencies between functional work packages and facilitate collaborative working between functional teams.
• Apply core PM capability to be the initiator and custodian of an integrated schedule, associated risk and assumptions, and change management to the project success criteria.
• Take an active, hands-on role to support the identification and resolution of risks to project success criteria.
• Coordinate and own project communications and reporting.
• Engage and inform key stakeholders outside of the project team in pursuit of the project success criteria.
• Identify and articulate any conflict between the project success criteria.
• Adherence to Project Management governance of the project.
• Ability to apply project management capability in purposeful, flexible and innovative ways in response to a dynamic delivery environment
• Hold, or demonstrate an understanding of, formal project management qualifications (such as APMP) or Project Management degree. Qualified or near qualified applicants preferred.
• Candidate must possess a degree in Engineering or Science or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
• 5 + years' experience of managing technical or manufacturing projects end to end.
• Candidates with project Life Cycle Management experience preferred.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, notably Microsoft Project.
• Candidates with exposure to procurement, supply chain, build planning and marketing & sales preferred.
• Experience of managing people, mentoring, developing and coaching.
• Experience of line management responsibility is desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
• Strong communicator; ability to listen, and convey multi-layered and facetted issues concisely and accurately.
• Excellent analytical skills; the ability to assess problems thoroughly and drive for evidenced conclusions and close the loop of action taking.
• Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. leadership, senior stakeholder management and communication, risk management, issue resolution, budget tracking, benefits analysis, estimating and planning etc).
• Energy, enthusiasm, curiosity, common sense, self-starter, perseverance.
• Confident; comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels without diluting unfavourable news.
• Assertive; readiness to articulate and communicate appropriately towards issue resolution as required.
• Credible; ability to demonstrate understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the product development life cycle.
• Focus: The ability to multi-task and direct self effectively in a fast-paced and often high-pressure environment.
Benefits• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.