- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
The team is responsible to carry out the rapid prototyping operations to produce the prototype parts required for technology research and products to meet project time plan.
About the role
Primary role duties
- Responsible to support and carry out in-house rapid prototyping activities – Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Stereo lithography (SLA), Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM) and Objet 3D printing operation to meet project time plan.
- Project management skills, to manage, schedule, and track multiple prototype production and processes simultaneously to meet time plan.
- Discuss with Project Managers or Design Managers about the required prototypes rigs/parts allocation.
- Support strategic direction and specific projects.
Secondary/additional role duties
- Collect, keep track and analyses statistical data in relationship to assign projects to determine required standards and establish proposed quality improvements.
- Control and manage by periodically check stock with BIC / inventory system to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Supervise and observes AM & RP operations and verifies conformance of printed work pieces, follow the required specifications by using measuring instruments such as profile projector, calipers, bore gauges, pins, micrometers, smart scope, Renishaw Equator and various measuring devices.
- Candidate must possess at least diploma or higher diploma in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or any related discipline.
- Minimum 4 - 6 years of working experiences in machining centre, manufacturing industry or any other manufacturing environment.
- Working experience in advanced and prototype engineering will be added advantage.
- Good hand and eye coordination required to perform detailed work.
- Knowledge and experience in 3D CADCAM modelling, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
- The ability to work safely around chemicals and equipment.
- Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
Specific technical qualifications/exposure
- Minimum 4 - 6 years of working experiences in AM&RP (Preferable).
- Higher-level user of AM & RP 3D Printing Systems and Operations, RP CAD software tools (Materialise software preferable), SLICE Programming (where relevant) for AM & RP.
- Higher-level knowledge & experience of AM & RP technical knowledge & troubleshooting techniques for core discipline (where relevant)
- Higher-level knowledge in AM material - mechanical & technical data.
Behaviours necessary for success
- Ability to gather information & problem solve with a systematic, logical approach. Expected to be able to solve problems effectively whilst managing stakeholders’ expectations.
- Ability to provide independent opinions/viewpoints to a problem with sound evidence, whilst developing ability to accept & assess multiple opinions/viewpoints.
- Able to perform work in a productive, proficient manner with a positive attitude.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.