- £Competitive + bonus
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We’re looking for a Lead Research Scientist to join our Environmental Care Research team.
About the roleWhat you'll be doing:
- Review, develop, design and deliver experimental programmes with engineering colleagues to develop and evaluate new category and related devices.
- Research and development of lab-based methods and experiments for new category projects.
- Deliver specialist knowledge to Engineers and Management team as part of project progress reviews.
- Support Marketing, Sales and other functions with scientific knowledge as required.
- Collection and reporting of results to aid product design decisions.
- A passion for science and problem solving in a product development context. .
- Extensive experience of microbiology in a fast paced R&D environment with auditing experience.
- A working knowledge and understanding of fundamental scientific theories specifically in the field of microbiology, biological science or hygiene.
- Knowledge of standards and procedures required for the efficient and safe running of a microbiology laboratory
- Good organisational skills, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
- Clear logical thought and attention to detail.
- The ability to autonomously and to perform in depth reviews of published literature.
- The ability to execute experimental programs and critic results, summarising findings and making recommendations.
- Good communication and presentation skills, to both peers and a non scientific audience.
The role requires a large amount of cross disciplinary working so a desire to try and to learn is essential. Flexibility and an ability to use previous experience on new problems is very much desirable along with a lateral approach to problem solving.
We’d also like to see:
- A strong ability to work autonomously with experience in 3rd party auditing
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on site Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.