- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Robotics, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
As part of the Robotics Research group at the Dyson Singapore Technology Center, reporting to the Head of Robotics Research, you will be working within a cutting-edge Robotics & Vision systems team developing robots from the design concept through to installation.
We are building a team of full-stack software engineers within the research team to help design the system architecture, develop a CI pipeline, and re-write/port research software to deployable standards. All with the goal of preparing for handover of projects to the downstream development teams.
The team is highly multidisciplinary covering topics including Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robot Control, Mechatronics and Electronics, Human-Robot Interaction, all with the backdrop of friendly and multi-cultural work environment. As a software engineer, you’ll be working directly with domain expert to develop the state-of-the-art robotics prototype.
As a lead software engineer, you are expected to:
- Able to design major new features and demonstrate an understanding of development and platform constraints. Being aware of industry best practices and trends
- Help to drive delivery of project alongside your team and always helping to improve others’ ability to deliver their own great quality of work
- You work hard to positively influence the reputation of our company in the wider tech community, helping bring great new talent
- You teach small groups of developers and develop tools to solve ongoing process challenges
About the role
- Port research level implementations in C++/Python/MATLAB to robust C++ based implementation
- Design and build the Continuous Integration pipeline for a complex distributed robot software system
- Design and build simulation test beds for integration testing of the code-base
- Design a distributed system software architecture that is scalable and easy to deploy
- Manage the entire high-level software stack from sensor drivers to operating system to the user interface.
- Implement and optimise numerical method for hardware accelerators/embedded systems.
- Drive a culture of software quality that can progressively become the norm even with early research
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree is Computer Engineering or similar
- Excellent skills in C/C++ and distribute system design
- Good knowledge in Linux System and open source software
- Good understanding of systems architecture: Processor architectures and hardware accelerators (ARM, DSP and GPU)
- Experience with tools for SCM and continuous integration/delivery (git, bitbucket, bamboo)
- Strong background in development best practices like testing, source control and agile planning
- 7+ years of experience with embedded systems, real-time systems, robotics or sensors
- Experience in parallel programming and software optimization
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS) and messaging frameworks
- Working knowledge of a scripting language such as Python
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.