- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. However, financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound.
About the roleDyson has an opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to join our multidiscipline Motor Drive and Advanced Control Group developing motors and heaters for Dyson’s cord-free floor care and personal care range of products. We are expanding our Embedded Software team and are seeking an individual to join us. You must be fluent in the C programming language and be equally comfortable with high-level design and abstraction as with implementation, testing and debugging of code.
- Developing real time embedded C software to drive our world leading Dyson Digital Motors and related product control systems.
- Closely collaborating with other team disciplines to bring motor and heater systems to life.
- Provide technical ownership of software components driving their design, development and validation though to mass volume production.
- Documenting software requirements, design and implementation.
- Participating in code and design review activities.
- Collaborate with development and production teams in UK and South East Asia.
About youEssential Skills:
- Technical leadership skills
- Degree in engineering or numerate discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- At least 5 years professional experience in a relevant industry.
- Experience in bare-metal microcontroller driver development.
- Strong background in real time embedded C.
- A good understanding of basic hardware and its interface with software systems.
- Software configuration management (source control, continuous integration).
- Ability to plan and estimate development tasks
- Experience with software verification strategies including unit testing.
- People leadership and coaching skills
- Experience of working within an Agile Framework Experience of Python programming
- Knowledge of control systems
- Hardware development knowledge
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.