- Motors and Power Systems
- Calamba - Philippines
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Engineering families!
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different.
About the role
The engineer will join the growing simulation and analysis team within Motors & Power Systems to apply their skills and experience in simulation to invent the next generation of Dyson Motor technologies that enhance the company’s technical advantage in existing and future products. He/she will carry out FEA simulation models and develop analytical methods along with dedicated experimentation to verify findings. This will provide insight into various aspects of motor design to help drive motor projects from initial conception, through the various technology readiness levels, and finally into production.
This is what we need you to do:
Provide, co-ordinate and support Simulation team within the Motors group and across RDD:
- Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process.
- Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
- Experience in driving new concepts from design to analysis to validation via prototype testing.
- Utilize simulation (FEA) and other analytical tools to improve and enhance the current Dyson motor technology for next generation products.
- Analyze results, summarize findings and communicate these solutions to project teams, including senior managers and directors.
- Liaise with development and research teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
- Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering/Aerospace Engineering/Noise and Vibration/ or equivalent (Doctorate would be an advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, model and provide critical insights into complex physical phenomena such as aerodynamic performance, noise, vibration, vibro-acoustics and aero-acoustics, thermal management.
- Fundamental knowledge in one or more of the areas: Structural Dynamics, Vibrations, Rotor dynamics, Vibro-acoustics.
- Experience in using simulation analysis software such as ANSYS, Nastran, Abaqus would be advantageous
- Good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly about displacement, vibration and acoustic measurement
- Experience and understanding of rotating machinery design are preferred
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering. At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.