- Calamba - Philippines
We are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes.
About the roleAs a sustaining engineer, you will own post ramp qualification, second source qualifications, and quality improvements for Dyson products during production.
During development, you will partner with other electrical engineers to take over products as they reach maturity and support them through end-of-life. You must be a great hands-on engineer and generalist who can wear different hats across Electronics Engineering (EE), Radio-Frequency (RF), System Control, Power, etc. You also need to have strong interpersonal skills and experience working with cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will have expertise in electrical and hardware design.
- Take ownership of hardware projects from production ramp through end-of-life - quality, reliability, costs, serviceability, and schedule.
- Specify, qualify, and design alternative components in existing digital and analogue products.
- Work cross-functional teams that also includes embedded software developers to integrate hardware with software changes.
- Develop and qualify hardware and software changes, new parts and design/process changes.
- Participate in engineering reviews, such as schematics, layout and design for manufacturing (DFM), with cross-functional teams and external partners (e.g. certification bodies).
- Develop system test plan and component qualification plan; these including test methodology and coverage to validate changes/risks and ensure product quality and reliability.
- Create documentation such as Engineering Change and general process documentation. These include design schematics, PCB layout, tolerance analysis, failure analysis and technical review.
- Propose process improvements to resolve issues, increase production yield and advance product quality/reliability.
- Monitor data and test reports from design validation, product builds, and field returns to identify potential issues.
- Participate in supplier audits, failure analysis, field return verification and quality/reliability/process improvements.
- The candidate must possess a MS/bachelor’s degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Control Engineering) or equivalent.
- 8+ years of direct experience in electrical hardware design and/or development and/or sustaining engineering; plus 2+ years of management experience
- Experience with managing a team of HW electronics design/development engineers and being accountable to deliver project completion is a must
- Knowledge of technical rigour and processes required to bring a product to market at scale.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and experience working with cross-functional engineering teams.
- Experience creating technical documentation such as datasheets, technical drawings, block diagrams, etc.
- Experience with standard electronics laboratory and test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, multimeters, etc.
- Capable of delivering high-quality results to deadlines.
- Experience using simulated tools to support design calculations and documentation.
- Knowledge in LabView and NI Instruments is an added advantage.
- Experience with C/C++ programming and other high-level programming languages is a plus.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering. At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.