- Information Technology
- Bristol, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end-to-end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience, Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
About the role
Are you a skilled Technical Architect with the ability to see big-picture concepts and a talent for developing innovative solutions? If so, we would love to have you lead the expansion of our Technical Architect practice; encouraging adherence to process and coaching your team to successfully deliver change across Dyson’s platforms.
- Own the Technical Architecture practice across Dyson’s platforms.
- Lead, motivate and inspire your team of Technical Architects and Engineers.
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting Technical Architects to realise their potential.
- Collaborate with the Solution Architect practice to ensure strategic roadmaps and adherence with principles and standards aligned to support the Technical Architecture practice.
- Innovate and develop new standards, policies, and procedures for architectural design and engineering work as necessary to minimise costs and maximise efficiency.
- Through your team assess potential projects for feasibility by researching and analysing associated technology, design requirements, governmental regulations, and market demand.Introduce and lead initiatives to proactively manage the reduction of technical debt on Dyson’s platforms.
- Act as an ambassador with IT partners and business stakeholders for joint ownership and management of technical and business changes to Dyson’s platforms.
- Leading your team to identify gaps in platform capability and identify options to resolve.
- Communicate practice objectives, process and successes to key stakeholders.
- Provide guidance to the IT leadership, key stakeholders and other colleagues as required to maximise the value of our platform architecture.
- Remain up to date with current and trending elements of design, development and architecture best practice by reading industry publications, blogs and attending professional development courses and events as time permits.
- Proven experience of contributing on or managing enterprise-wide technical architecture projects.
- Solid understanding of key architectural concerns such as availability, scalability, operability and maintainability.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of modern architecture principles and patterns.
- Experience of architectural delivery on multiple enterprise, manufacturing and/or e-commerce platforms.
- Experience in implementing and shaping the technical strategy on IT platforms.
- Proven experience of working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban and DevOps software development methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation techniques.
- Ability to effectively lead and inspire a team.
- Desirable – scaled agile.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.