- Mechanical Engineering
- Calamba - Philippines
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Aerodynamics / CFD / Thermal Engineer to work within our Motors Analysis & Simulation Team, to apply their skills and experience in Fluid Dynamics and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to deliver our next generation motors and their product integration. He/she will also use analytical techniques to add insight into experimental results, driving early development concepts, supporting projects with appropriate technology readiness and advancement. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually improve and develop Fluid Dynamics techniques and methodologies, in order to build the capability of Motors and Power Systems group and Dyson as a whole.Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals can work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different
This is what we need you to do:
- Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques including CFD and experiments.
- Responsible for all activities related to thermal management and aerodynamic performance of the electric motor through design, development and delivery.
- Responsible to develop air paths and cooling options for mechanical, electrical and electronic components of the motor system to achieve robustness and high performance.
- Responsible for supporting implementation of design concepts from component design through to finished assembly. This would include analysis, product concepts, dimensional verification, and general demonstration of the use of core engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for leading the development of design concepts through prototype hardware procurement, assembly, testing, data analysis, fault analysis, problem solving, and design refinement. This may require some direction of technical support personnel.
- Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the team. Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members
- Ability and engagement in transferring experience and training to design engineers and junior specialists – best-practices establishing and sharing.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned. Deliver product focused technology projects to the Dyson range plan.
This is what we need you to have:
· A bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered) (Doctorate would be an advantage).
- Ability to perform thermodynamic heat transfer calculations and proficient in the theory of thermodynamics, aerodynamics and fluid dynamics.
- Having a high degree of expertise in 1D and 3D thermo-fluids analysis
- Good understanding of the principles and application of CFD, with previous experience in ANSYS CFD and Star CCM+ tools.
- Good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly about pressure, temperature and flow measurement.
- Experience and understanding of rotating machinery design are preferred
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set
- of deliverables is imperative.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and relocation assistance. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition
Interview guidance:We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.