This role requires a bright, tenacious and pro-active individual to help build out Dyson’s global Legal Compliance and Ethics function within APAC, and provide the business with advice in respect of legal compliance and ethics risk areas. This is a role that provides an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and make a real contribution as part of a dynamic, global and passionate team.
- Collaborate with the Head of Legal Compliance and Ethics and the functional team to engineer and implement effective strategies to achieve our vision.
- Build strong relationships with all functions across the APAC region and at Group.
- Support and conduct legal compliance and ethics investigations.
- Provide expert and solution focussed advice across the range of compliance and ethics risks helping the business to navigate complex issues and do the right thing.
- Provide input into the creation of Policies Procedures and Guidance and a governance structure for their creation.
- Devise and deliver training programmes.
- Maintain an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments within the legal compliance and ethics risk areas.
- Manage external counsel where appropriate, ensuring compliance with Dyson’s cost management processes.
- Travel within the APAC region and on some occasions to the UK.
- Tertiary legal qualifications.
- A demonstrable commitment to professionalism, pride and integrity in all aspects of your work.
- A passion for legal compliance and ethics and a good understanding of legal compliance and ethics risk areas.
- Intellectual agility and confidence to learn quickly on the job and therefore deal with issues outside your current experience and skill set.
- An ability to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them.
- Courage to challenge individuals irrespective of seniority.
It would be helpful if you also had some of these:
- The ability to communicate in a business environment in Mandarin, Hindi and/or Japanese.
- Experience of leading compliance and ethics investigations.
- Excellent awareness of the role and position of a compliance and ethics function within a multi-national business.
- Previous involvement with project and change management.
- Skilled in creating Policies Procedures and Guidance and input into building a governance structure for their creation
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise in one or more of the following risk areas: Anti-Bribery and Corruption Competition/Anti-Trust Sanctions and Trade Controls Data Protection and Privacy