- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reports to the Head of PLC&R
About the roleDay-to-day responsibility for the following areas of IP&PS activity:
- Delivering global legal advice in relation to new product advertising claims.
- Supporting new product development through to launch by advising on legal risks relevant to global product regulation/compliance and safety requirements.
- Supporting the Centre of Excellence for Product Litigation as required.
- Providing legal advice on product advertising claims and campaigns relating to new products to Commercial and RDD teams.
- Working with Claims, Standards and Insights Team on substantiation for new product performance claims, identifying any legal risk and supporting with mitigation strategies.
- Providing legal support to international product compliance teams during the product development phase (through to launch) as required.
- Providing legal support to product safety teams during the product development phase (through to launch) as required.
- Serving as a category legal expert in relation to understanding new products, technology and substantiation in development.
- Supporting Centre of Excellence for Product Litigation with litigation risk analysis and litigation progression as required.
- Regularly reporting on NPD projects’ to Head of PLC&R.
- Identifying topics which require escalation and managing the same, reporting these risks to Head of PLC&R and other members of Dyson Legal as required.
- Manging and supporting Head of PLC&R with escalation of legal risks to senior stakeholders in Commercial and RDD to ensure informed decisions are made.
- Identifying and delivering relevant/necessary training for stakeholders in relation to advertising and other product-related topics.
- Assisting with knowledge retention and ensuring lessons from projects are recorded and circulated to wider team.
- Contributing to PLC&R yearly team goals which align with and contribute to the IP&PS function-level strategies.
- Identifying areas for team service delivery improvement, better business legal risk management/mitigation and building expertise/knowledge retention.
Ways of working:
- Delivering services efficiently and at a competitive cost.
- Ensuring quality and consistency of service delivery, acting on stakeholder feedback where appropriate.
- Managing and prioritising resources and services in accordance with their strategic value to Dyson.
- Promoting collaboration across Dyson Legal teams, Dyson and with external stakeholders
- Contributing to a team culture of high performance, fairness, transparency and honesty.
About youYou will be a Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 2 years PQE, in either a commercial and/or litigation role with a product and/or advertising focus. In-house experience/exposure during or post training is a definite advantage.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a solid background in product/advertising-related commercial law and be able to apply that knowledge in a practical and pragmatic way;
- have basic litigation experience, ideally in relation to product/advertising litigation;
- have experience or interest in design and engineering and an aptitude to learn and understand technical discussions;
- be able to identify legal risk amongst complex technical facts and propose strategic mitigation solutions;
- be a skilled communicator, capable of clearly and concisely delivering legal advice both in verbal and written form, and capable of interacting with the business at all levels to build effective relationships;
- have a good awareness of the role of a legal function in a large, global business and have the ability to contribute actively in supporting the business make informed decisions;
- have an appetite to learn new skills and the versatility and ability to deal with issues outside of their experience and learn quickly on the job;
- be able to work with minimum level of supervision in a fast-paced, constantly changing but supportive environment;
- have the confidence to challenge decisions and actions when required, escalating them to appropriate senior members of Dyson Legal;
- have solid collaboration and team-working skills in order to work on PLC&R team projects, as well as projects involving the wider business and stakeholders of varying backgrounds and seniority.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.