- Malmesbury, Wiltshire, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This role has been created due to additional workload and the role is to act as an in-house commercial contracts lawyer as part of an active and engaged team committed to enabling Dyson’s continued commercial success.
The role requires a technically excellent and pro-active lawyer to provide commercial and contract law advice to Dyson’s Group functions. Working alongside Senior Legal Counsel within our Commercial Legal Services team, this role provides an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and contribution as part of a dynamic and ambitious in-house legal team.
- Build strong relationships with Dyson’s Group functions, including Procurement, IT and Finance;
- Provide expert, ethical and pragmatic advice and support on commercial and contract issues across the business, helping the business navigate complex issues with an output and delivery focus;
- Provide support on commercial contract issues across the business, with a particular emphasis on procurement;
- Draft and negotiate contracts with suppliers and customers;
- Support tender processes across the business, particularly in IT and on capital equipment projects;
- Provide input into contract control processes and reviewing and maintaining precedent documents;
- Deliver relevant legal training programmes;
- Maintain an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments in the relevant areas of law, disseminating the information to peers and the business accordingly; and
- Handle contract disputes with third parties.
- At least 1 year’s post qualification experience in a commercial role;
- A solid background in commercial law and an ability to apply that knowledge in a practical and pragmatic way;
- Strong drafting skills and extensive experience of contract negotiation;
- Good awareness of the role of the legal function in a large business and have the ability to contribute actively in the taking of key business decisions;
- An appetite to learn new skills and the versatility and technical ability to deal with issues outside of their experience and learn quickly on the job;
- Ability to work with a minimum level of supervision in a fast paced, constantly changing but supportive environment;
- The confidence and gravitas to challenge decisions and actions when required; and
- Good communication skills and the capability of interacting with the business at all levels, to build effective relationships and earn credibility across the business.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines