- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Our energy, determination and success mean that our business continues to grow at a remarkable pace. We explore new opportunities wherever we find them and we’re investing heavily in our products, our people and our infrastructure to ensure that we remain ahead of our competitors and deliver the quality that our customers have come to expect from Dyson.
About the roleWe are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Global Operations team to advise the business on commercial contracts and general commercial matters. You’ll form part of a dynamic, ambitious and welcoming legal team.
The Global Operations team identifies and manages risk in Dyson’s supply chain and manufacturing operations; helping to maintain effective relationships with our suppliers and ensure the right behaviours, commitments and accountability from them. We are trusted advisors who work collaboratively with the business, and we provide solution-driven, timely and high quality legal advice that supports Dyson’s continued success. Our work involves negotiating key supplier contracts across a broad range of subject matters (such as manufacturing supply, research and development, IT, marketing and customer experience), resolving contractual disputes, and advising on product safety matters.
- Provide expert advice on commercial and contractual issues across the business, helping the business navigate complex legal issues;
- Negotiate and advise stakeholders on the terms of commercial contracts with Dyson’s suppliers – including master services agreements, manufacturing supply agreements, software licences and statements of work;
- Support tender processes;
- Assist the business to resolve contract disputes with suppliers;
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders in Dyson’s business, procurement, and the legal teams;
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to provide commercial and contractual legal support on important projects within Dyson;
- Help to deliver relevant legal training programmes;
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of developments in relevant areas of law and contribute to the Legal team’s sharing of know-how; and
- Help to maintain template documents and create appropriate guidance notes
- At least 3 years’ post-qualification experience in a commercial contracts role, obtained either in-house or in private practice;
- A solid background in contract law and an ability to apply that knowledge in a pragmatic way;
- Strong drafting skills and extensive experience of contract negotiation;
- Commercial awareness and the ability to actively contribute to key business decisions;
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the business;
- An understanding of the role of a legal team in a large business;
- The ability to work autonomously, with limited supervision, in an exciting, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment; and
- The confidence and gravitas to challenge decisions and actions when required.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.