- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. A world-class development centre & a risk was worth taking. Our Johor facility had humble beginnings, but what was originally a few small labs covering 350m² is now a bustling campus occupying 50,000m². And a team of just 10 has become Dyson’s second largest office worldwide – more than 1,200 skilled Dyson people working across Engineering, IT, Finance, Creative and HR.Dyson Malaysia is located in Senai, one of the hubs of Johor’s Kulaijaya District – a flagship zone of the Iskandar Malaysia development corridor. Nearby, there are shops, restaurants and the expressway to Johor’s luxury shopping area – the Johor Premium Outlet. Open plan workspaces, lofty ceilings and huge technology displays create an inspiring backdrop for business. But there’s also plenty of leisure with regular sports days, charitable activities and the most anticipated fixture on the calendar – the annual futsal tournament.We start by turning convention on its head. We're family owned, beholden to no one, so we can forge our own path - different and authentic.Never satisfied, we constantly strive to find a better way. We solve problems that others choose to ignore with ingenious new technologies that defy convention and simply work better. In 1993, James Dyson launched the first bag-less vacuum cleaner but a lot has changed since then. As we continue to grow, we’re exploring new frontiers and traversing the unknown.
In 2012 we were 3120 people. Today we're over 14,500. Our future is bright and the next few years are set to be our busiest yet as we continue to innovate and disrupt with new categories, new machines and launching more demo stores all over the world. We never have and never will stand still.
About the roleKey Responsibilities:
- Motivate production operators to achieve output targets, quality, and production standards.
- Support Production Shift Manager to achieve shift performance.
- Monitor production operators to ensure adherence to ethics and safety procedures.
- Take attendance to ensure operators promptly follow work schedule.
- Ensure good housekeeping at assigned work area meeting established 5s standards.
- Escalate unsafe work conditions and issues impacting quality to immediate supervisor.
- Provide description of machines issues to the Equipment team for troubleshooting.
- Follow up operators training program, coordinate with trainers.
- Keep records of operator performance.
- Carry out any other assigned activities in support of production requirements as required.
About youKey Skills / Experience
- Candidate must possess at least SPM qualifications.
- Experience in production line with minimum in a line leader role.
- Able to read, understand and speak basic English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Able to perform basic calculations.
- Able to carry out lifting activities (at least 10kg loads).
- Able to carry out basic machinery operations.
- PC literate at basic levels.
- Attention to details and good follow-up skills.
- Able to multi-task, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability with a positive attitude.
- Firm with ability to react at shortest time possible in reaction to issues.
- Demonstrated ability to take on challenges with a positive attitude.
- High work ethics & personal integrity.
- Able to work 12hr shift.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.