- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We have a great opportunity for a Real-Time Embedded Software Engineer, within the Dyson Embedded Software team.
If you have used a Dyson product, you will have experienced software that has been produced by us. We developed the user interface for the latest V11 cordless vacuum cleaner. We wrote all of the software running on the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool and the Dyson Lightcycle. We built all of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy solution to make our products part of the Internet of Things. We have developed and continue to build a powerful platform that provides the foundation for our robotic vacuum cleaners
Dyson is ambitiously evolving and expanding its product lines, which challenges us to develop exciting solutions and engage with new technologies which can’t reveal just yet.
We are looking for a Real-Time Embedded Software Engineer to join our team as we expand our product portfolio. You will be a key member of the embedded software team and will help to develop the next generation of Dyson products. You will work in a scrum / agile environment, in a team that is constantly aiming to improve itself.
We are looking for someone who desires to create high quality, robust code to solve diverse real-world problems. You must be fluent in C and be comfortable in the whole product life cycle, including design, implementation, deployment, testing and debugging of application code.
• Use of C and Python
• Low level debugging experience
• Version control (preferably git)
• Scrum Agile experience
• Automated Testing
• Software Design
• Continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Real Time OS
• Experience of interfaces such as UART, I2C and SPI
- Training opportunities (In house and External)
- A good work-life balance (we work hard whilst we are here, but we don’t typically work late nights or weekends)
- Interesting and varied work, where you won’t be pigeon-holed
- The opportunity to work on products that that you will see in the shops and that you can be proud to have been a part of
- Working with other highly-experienced engineers and continuing to learn something new every day