- 1000 RM
- Mechanical Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore. Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
AccountabilitiesWhether you join us for an Industrial Attachment placement or a 3 month summer internship, you’ll be assigned to a project team from day one. You’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved. Some of your tasks could include:
- Developing mechanical parts, assemblies and systems from concept to production
- Developing and validating mechanical designs that meet specification requirements
- Conceptualising, developing and detailing ideas for future mechanical parts
- Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for component and system characterisation and validation.
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship. And if you excel, there could be an offer of a graduate position at the end.
SkillsOur internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to:
- Hold a strong academic record and be on track for a 2:1 (or equivalent) or above in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.