- 1000 RM
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Our internships are different. Join us and you’ll be working at the forefront of technology, using your technical know-how to influence the evolution of Dyson connected machines. Since we launched our first connected machine in 2014, our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms, are all cementing Dyson's place as a pioneering global technology enterprise.
AccountabilitiesWhether you join us for an Industrial Attachment programme or a 3 month summer internship, you’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get go. Depending on your skillset you could be working on real time embedded software, Mobile App development, debugging, cloud computing or fast prototyping in C/C++. Whichever team you join, you’ll be applying your university knowledge to make our machines smart and reliable.
Depending on your area of expertise your accountabilities may include:
- Software design, implementation, testing and integration in the embedded, app and server domains
- Data preparation, data cleaning, data analysis, and modelling of complex consumer products
- Algorithm selection, optimisation, and calibration
- Developing systems requirements, architectures, and behaviours with key stakeholders
- Developing technical solutions for new & existing product streams for large volume manufacture
- Develop software test strategies and solutions to verify software designs & implementation, to prove software functionalities and performance
- Analyse, research, and track software defects through to resolution
- Review and analyse software requirements for completeness, lack of ambiguity, and testability
- Exploring new technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligent
Our software and hardware need to combine to make our machines intelligent, so you’ll be interacting with teams from product developers to electronics engineers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use. So as well as the technical know-how and passion to learn more, you’ll need to be inquisitive by nature, enthusiastic about technology, creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship. And if you excel, there could be an offer of a graduate position at the end.
SkillsWorking at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- Have obtained or be studying towards a computer science/robotics/ electrical/electronic engineering (or related) degree
- Hold a strong academic record
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, C++
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.