- Mechanical Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
AccountabilitiesWhether you join us for an Industrial training or a 3 month summer internship, you’ll be assigned to a project team from day one. You’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects in the Professional & Lightings category. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved. Some of your tasks could include:
• Developing mechanical parts, assemblies and systems from concept to production
• Developing and validating mechanical designs that meet specification requirements
• Conceptualizing, developing and detailing ideas for future mechanical parts
• Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for component and system characterization and validation.
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions.
We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Our internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to:
• On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Mechanical, Aerospace, Design Engineering, Mechatronics or related discipline
• Able to commit for at least 12 weeks and graduating in August 2021
• Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities
• Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
• Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
• Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
Applications will close on 26 April 2020.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other internship roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and on-site assessment centres.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.