- Project Management, Procurement
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
When you design unconventional and smarter products, you need an unconventional and smarter supply chain. Our Procurement team works across Dyson, supporting our Research Design and Development (RDD) and our business Categories. Whichever part of our business you’re supporting, you’ll be playing a vital role in strategic decision making, affecting the design of our machines and the growth ambitions of the business.
As part of the Direct Procurement team, you will be participating directly in the product development lifecycle, working alongside RDD on projects to find new suppliers for advanced materials and technologies. You will get to experience the excitement and challenges of building global supply chains to support the development, production and launch of Dyson’s newest products. The double stacked heater that fits inside the Supersonic hairdryer body, the lightweight machined aluminium 13-blade impeller which sits inside the Dyson digital motor are just some examples of the parts sourced by the Procurement team.
The Global Procurement team functions in four main areas – Global Commodity Management (GCM), Category Procurement Management (CPM), Procurement Engineering (PE) and Procurement Center of Excellence (PCOE). As a team, we manage Dyson’s direct material spend by sourcing and allocating the right suppliers, at the right cost and right quality. The team works with key stakeholders to deliver new projects on time and on cost, and also ensures that we have parts/components supporting the build plans volume and capacity. Global Procurement is also responsible for supplier relationship management (SRM), providing market insights on commodity trends and outlook, and bridging the technology road map internally and externally.
About the role
You’ll either be assigned to a live project or a commodity team putting your university learning into practice from the get go. This is a broad and varied role, meaning no two days are the same. Some of your responsibilities could include:
- Supply Market research and early supplier involvement – identifying, researching and evaluating potential suppliers for design development and production supply
- Working alongside our Global Commodity Managers and Procurement Engineers in commercial activities such as supplier requests for quotations, cost analysis, should cost analysis and identification of cost saving opportunities
- Contributing to new project sourcing plans with Category Procurement Managers and Global Commodity Managers to develop and manage Product and Category sourcing strategies
- Supporting the Supplier Selection process for new projects, gathering and presenting data for stakeholder approval
- Working alongside Category Procurement and Global Commodity Managers to understand supplier’s production and tooling schedules and capacity: analysing data to ensure we have the right level of capacity and material commitment at the right time and cost
We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards an engineering or business-related degree, with an active interest in managing projects
- Able to commit for at least 12 weeks from December 2020 to February 2021
- Graduating in August 2021
- Strong in numeracy, communication and interpersonal skills, with the confidence to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Familiar with Excel, Tableau, programming and/or database creation tools
- Able to demonstrate how you manage your time effectively and multi-task so experience of a high-pressure, competitive environment would be beneficial
- Able to evidence a strong sense of commercial acumen and an active interest in business, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- A proactive problem solver and happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plan
We like people who show some get-up-and-go and passion for what they do. We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other internship roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and on-site assessment centres.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.