- Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The Global Product Verification & Test team is responsible for performance test activities related to both software and hardware for all product categories, designed and developed by Dyson.
AccountabilitiesWhether you join us for an Industrial Training or a 3 month summer internship, you’ll be assigned to a project team from day one. Depending on your skills and experiences you could be contributing toward the development of test methods and rigs, simulation and verification testing to providing support during Mass Production manufacturing.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Owning and supporting test activities across categories
- Developing and executing test methods
- Developing and testing algorithms to ensure electronics, software and hardware integration
- Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for component and system characterisation and validation
- Testing and assessing the reliability and robustness of our designs
- Solving engineering challenges to create better, faster, more cost-effective solutions for Dyson’s unique products
You’ll also be interacting with teams across Research, Design & Development (RDD) including product developers and mechanical and software engineers ensuring our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
• On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards an Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Software Engineering, Mechatronics or related discipline
• Able to commit for at least 12 weeks and graduating in August 2021
• Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
• Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
• Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
Applications will close on 26 April 2020.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other internship roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and on-site assessment centres.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.