- Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore. Join us as a graduate and from day one, you’ll be assigned to a live project influencing the evolution of Dyson technology.
Dyson offers the opportunity for aspiring graduate mechanical, electronics and software engineers to join the Global Verification and Test team. The Global Product Verification & Test team is responsible for performance test activities related to both software and hardware for all product categories, designed and developed by Dyson.
As a Graduate Test Engineer, you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, applying your university knowledge from the get go. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved. Some of your tasks could include:
- Owning and supporting test activities across categories
- Developing and executing test methods
- Developing and testing algorithms to ensure electronics, software and hardware integration
- Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for component and system characterisation and validation
- Testing and assessing the reliability and robustness of our designs
- Solving engineering challenges to create better, faster, more cost-effective solutions for Dyson’s unique products
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. As well as a line manager and buddy to help you along the way, you’ll be supported with a development framework designed to provide the technical and commercial know-how to help you drive your Dyson career.
Our graduate roles are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards an Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Software Engineering, Mechatronics or related discipline
- Graduating in 2020
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your internship, university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
Applications will close on 26 April 2020.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one graduate position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other graduate roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and on-site assessment centres.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.