- Quality and Reliability , Data Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore. Join us as a graduate and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project influencing the evolution of Dyson technology.
About the roleWe are looking for a detail-oriented Grdaute Data Specialist to transfer information on paper into electronic data systems and determine more efficient ways of data collection and analysis. The Graduate Data Specialist will be required to oversee the entire conversion process, working closely with various departments to ensure that data is accurate and accessible. He/She is responsible for delivering high-quality data for a variety of projects and tasks. This role provides in-depth data & qualify analytics, data entry, optimization, reporting, financial, and other types of analysis under the direction of the Production Manager. The Graduate Data Specialist must research data sources and propose methods towards data collection that reduces variation caused by human errors. He/she will be responsible for designing databases for specific department use and training of said departments in the use of proposed data storage and retrieval systems and work with Business Intelligence team to have data presented on tableau database. Some of your tasks could include:
- Work with internal departments to collect data related to various tasks and projects
- Perform analysis of current methods for data collection and to make proposals or any corrections to the existing methods of data collection as needed to ensure accuracy of the information being recorded
- Maintains data integrity of all data through data validation, cleansing, and normalization as required
- Design systems or software program to convert manual method of data collection onto paper into an automated data capture feature from measurement instrumentation
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of data
- Design and generate reports required based on data collected for use of support teams for decision making and or progress updates
- Organize and report monthly data analysis to identify trends and patterns
- Design and implementation of Statistical Process Control charts, graphs etc at key areas for monitoring of Key Process Input Variables and Key Process Output Variables within production environment.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence team for display of appropriate key performance indicator metrics on tableau database/control tower for higher management perusal
Delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards Engineering or Information Technology or Computer Science
- Be graduating in Aug 2021
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your internship, university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- Must have strong ability to utilize problem-solving techniques and decision-making techniques
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Customer orientated mindset
- Proficient with MS Office and advanced spreadsheet abilities.
- Experienced working with Power BI and have exposure to SQL/STFP preferred but not essential
- Detail-oriented individuals who can consistently meet deadlines and work well within a team environment.
- Strong planning, organizational and critical thinking skills are also required.
- Some exposure with project management processes such as budgeting and scheduling would be beneficial.
- Adept at analysing data details and accuracy
- Knowledgeable at data mapping process
- Functional understanding of online technology.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with minimal supervison
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.