- Manufacturing and tooling, Quality and Reliability , Mechanical Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Our advanced manufacturing sets us apart – we set the lowest tolerances and highest production values to develop heaters that not only perform better, but are built better too. Perfectly crafted and pleasing to engage with. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. Our Manufacturing Quality team is involved in the early development of projects and work across and influence our multi-functional teams in RDD & Operations and suppliers. The Quality team is responsible of the overall quality of the materials, product, analysing data and customer feedback.
About the role
As a Graduate Manufacturing Quality Engineer, you will be reporting to Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer, this role is responsible to ensure the highest standards of quality in our product designs, manufacturing output and owner experience. You’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, applying your university knowledge from the get go.
Some of your
tasks could include:
- Review drawings, routings, work instructions and various related production and development plans for quality requirements
- Work closely with the Cross Functional Team during Product Development Project Milestones (Engineering Readiness (ER) until product End of Life (EOL))
- Develop and maintain positive relations and effectual communication lines with all functions, vendors and customers
- Develop and execute plans for quality and control to ensure constant manufacturing continuity and product conformance using quality tools plus statistical techniques
- Support quality goals and objectives along with activities to identify, explain and resolve quality issues
- Analysing production limitations and standards and recommending revision of specifications when indicated
- Review and revise quality documentation as needed
- Participate as Material Review Board member to review Non-Conforming Material and Product as suitable for the operation
- Investigate customer complaints and issues arise in the customer / contract manufacturer together with the cross functional team.
Delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Quality Engineering or any related to Engineering with statistical knowledge
- Be graduating in Aug 2021
- Able to understand and manipulate large and complex data set
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your internship, university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- An independent learner and willing to challenge existing work processes
- Able to demonstrate how you manage your time effectively and multi-task
- An analytical and critical thinker, able to resolve problems through an organized thought process
- Comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge and ideas
- Carry out tasks complying to Code of Ethics
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our future plan
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.