- Mechanical Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore. Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
In MDC’s Technology Development Environment Care functional teams, you will experience the fast paced project handling process. The Functional Teams consist of multiple disciplines – Structural Analysis, Motor & Filtration system, Acoustic and Vibration and Fluid Dynamics. Within the functional teams, we ensure project deliverables in each discipline are closed in timely manner and reported to stakeholders.
About the role
Whether you join us for an Industrial Attachment placement or a 3 month summer internship, you’ll be assigned to a project team from day one.
You’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved. Some of your tasks could include:
- Conceptualising, developing and proposing design changes to optimize product performance
- Creating analytic tools and/or models that could help to make analysis lean or solve specific problems
- Exposure to different test methods to verify product’s performance and systems engineering approach used in technology development team
- Gather available data and analyse to find out root cause of problems and solve the problem
- Integrate into the day-to-day operation of the team
About youWorking at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. Our internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics or related discipline
- Able to commit for at least 12 weeks and graduating in August 2022
- Be passionate about mechanical analysis and understand fundamental principles such as Computational Fluid Dynamics or Finite Element Analysis
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other internship roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.