- Salary will be based upon experience and credentials.
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Chicago - USA
The Manager, Direct Fulfillment is responsible for all direct logistics operations pertaining to customer satisfaction, customer retention, network/vendor optimization and full implementation of related tools and processes. They plan, implement and control the efficient flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer's requirements.
This Logistics role will work closely with the Digital & Direct Team, Vendor Partners and Shipping Services Suppliers to support smooth and efficient operations. This includes working with Dyson’s logistics service providers and working with both internal and external customers on problem resolution as it pertains to e-commerce logistics operations and transportation. The Manager, Direct Fulfillment is responsible for continually designing service improvements while looking for ways to reduce costs through process improvement, network optimization and standardization across Dyson’s Americas Direct Logistics operations. In addition, this role will help build the roadmap for innovation in delivery experience, including reverse logistics, and establish key partnerships to ensure Dyson remains an industry leader.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving the strategy and managing the e-commerce supply chain plan and the flow of work through the teams involved in the Dyson online channel, including reverse logistics and Spares and Accessories order fulfillment.
- Develop customer and business strategies that align with both supply chain and direct sales objectives which result in customer satisfaction, increased sales revenue and market share growth.
- Implement e-business initiatives within region and ensure a high level of end-user engagement. Actively collaborate and coordinate with global e-business team to ensure alignment.
- Develop Industry benchmark on Direct Delivery (Speed, Convenience, Customization and Experience).
- Analyze, design and implement Dyson’s direct business logistics network in-line with the Global Supply Chain team.
- Extend the delivery experience to other direct channels – offline and online including Marketplace, call center/chat, DSC’s and our stores.
- Provide logistics operational support for special projects executed with Dyson’s 3rd party logistics providers.
- Work cross-functionally with Dyson internal teams to determine the scope, timing and requirements of a project.
- Develop and maintain periodic reports and KPIs.
- Play a critical role in P&L reviews and strategic planning/forecasting.
- Properly control and manage multiple project status and communicate with executive team members as appropriate to perform project status update and to flag project concerns and risks.
- Participate in global teams/networks as it relates to direct logistics and provide input.
- Use decision-making skills to manage a complex, rapidly changing operation.
- Implementation of cost effective solutions which maintain service levels.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement by measuring performance of customers and subordinates as well as leading supply chain related projects.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Master’s Degree preferred.
At least seven (7) years' experience in logistics or related field.
Strong computer skills, including MS excel and SAP.
Able to think strategically and continuously find areas of improvement within the B2C Supply Chain.
Advanced knowledge related to company’s value chain and supply chain activities.
Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment as well as effectively network throughout the organization.
Advanced knowledge related to the market, competitors and industry.
Ability to manage conflict as well as to persuade and negotiate with others.
Ability to lead and develop others within the organization and effectively delegate.
Knowledge related to company’s sales processes and tools, including selling and negotiation skills.
Knowledge related to relevant IT tools and systems.
Knowledge of company's offering and end uses.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.