- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
Manufacturing Engineer will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering team reporting directly to Manufacturing Engineering team in the UK and working within Research Design and Development areas. The candidate will work from conceptualizing automated manufacturing solutions to the current product design, validation and continuing support after mass production. This role will be responsible for leading projects within specific budget and timeline and managing software changes required due to product revisions, alterations and new variant introductions. The candidate will be working extensively with cross-functional teams and require to travel within Asia and the UK as and when needed.
- Knowledge and understanding of automated manufacturing technology, particularly equipment for the manufacture and assembly of digital motors.
- Design and development of manufacturing methodology and equipment for new products and sub-assemblies.
- Project management for delivery of new automation lines and facilities
- Support RDD Validation prior to implementation of new product and processes
- Drive the production operation efforts to improve product reliability and quality, through the constant assessment and refinement of manufacturing processes.
- Lead the product transfer and implementation of digital motors manufacturing line
- Facilitate sourcing of equipment and liaising with key equipment suppliers to produce and install production equipment to the correct standards and efficiency level in world class facilities.
- Perform key PLC program modification & improvement of existing line programs & software
- Interact with Cross-Functional team to deliver Manufacturing Engineering aspect of implementation to fruition
- Lead small cross-functional team projects
- Hands-on technical assistance on LabView and Visual Basic type test codes
- Possess a Degree in Manufacturing / Electronic / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering Discipline or equivalent.
- Able to understand engineering drawings and use of CAD software
- Working knowledge of PLC (Omron, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Yaskawa, Keyence or Allen Bradley)
- Exposure on design and assembly of production automation machines.
- Working knowledge on Six Sigma & Statistics. Able to specify experimental programs and complete analysis of the results, summarizing findings and making recommendations
- Ability to create detailed project plan and project management execution across cross-functional team
- Highly motivated and able to demonstrate both academic and creative excellence in either a mechanical or manufacturing design environment.
- Good analytical ability, capable of assessing technologies and products using a variety of methods
- Willing to challenge assumptions or methods, pre-empt problems and find solutions.
- Able to multitask without losing focus in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency on LabView, at least LabView Core 3 and Visual Basic coding (Background)
- Good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills are essential.
- Diligent, thorough and realistic.
- Able to work independently as well as able to work within a team
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Candidates that meet most of the requirements may be considered for the Manufacturing Engineer – Advanced position