- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. A fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille. And most recently, Supersonic, Dyson’s first-ever hair dryer that has taken the world by storm.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams will continue to grow as Dyson ramps up forays into different areas.
About the role
- Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for bringing a product from design to reality. The team works closely with their RDD partners and Operation Manager to deliver a manufacturing line at the Contract Manufacturer.
- As team lead, the ME Manager would be required to understand the intricacies of the design and lead the team to develop solutions that meets key KPIs.
- These KPIs would include Schedule, Cost, Technical Solution, and People Development.
- Ability to work in a fast pace ever changing environment to deliver optimal solutions at prescribed time frame.
- Work closely with Operation Team to install capacities at the right time frame.
- Team player that has no lines drawn and willingness to go above and beyond your scope of work.
- People Developer, at Dyson we believe that everyone is a key component in the team and we continue to develop people even as we deliver programs.
- Manage a team of Manufacturing Engineering Engineers with in a product Category.
- There could be at any 1 time up to 5 projects running concurrently.
- Create and track development plan for the engineers in your team.
- Review project milestones and resource plan with Project Manager and get consensus on the resources allocation. Resources are dynamic and do not stay in any Category.
- Define and execute the Manufacturing strategy for a new program and adjust as and when needed.
- The team will be required to develop the processes as well as the equipment needed to assemble and test the product.
- Communicate with key stake holders from RDD to Operations on progress and challenges.
- Establish a working rapport with teams outside the Engineering Team that is essential to a NPI. Namely the RDD and Operations functions.
- Track projects in the category; tracking Project Health, Timeline adherence, Capital spend, and projected risks.
- Product lines are installed in CM all over Johor and Philippines, you will need to manage and work with sustaining team to ensure protocol are aligned.
- Create a positive working environment that rewards and motivate the Team.
- Be a critical member of the team providing inputs from Manufacturing / Operations standpoint.
- Be a point of escalation and challenges resolution as and when needed.
- At least possess Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Communications, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Must have strong willingness to learn new things and challenge the existing production test/assembly method.
- Shown to have a good “Engineering Sense” that could be applied in areas outside core expertise.
- Has the experience of managing a team of at least 10 people.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to multitask while keeping an eye on critical deliverables.
- Excellent communicator; able to present updates and challenges in a clear and concise manner - whether it be spoken, written or under presentation settings.
- Excellent problem solving skills that could be applied is various settings.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in a NPI environment.
- Experience in a regulated environment following or setting protocols like IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Has operated in an out-sourced environment; understanding the challenges and pit falls.
- Familiar with DFX, PFMEA, NUDD processes.
- Statistical application background. Gage 1, GR&R, Process Controls, and data analysis like Correlation studies would be critical.
- Having a PMP certification is a bonus
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.