- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
An Infrastructure Technical Engineer role has responsible for day-to-day IT backend operations and collaborate with Global Infrastructure Team led projects.
- Managed and monitor production IT infrastructure system, such as server resource and network security
- Proactively ensure highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Hands on to assist the infrastructure team in project management and implementation
- Work closely with NPI and Automation team for new production line
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Handle procurement for IT equipment and related services
- Support production equipment, tester and others related to network connectivity
- Create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation
- Occasionally after office hour remote support (network related)
- 1st & 2nd line service desk support
- Act as the Singapore member of a global Infrastructure implementation team.
- Participate in, and at times lead Infrastructure based projects to implement new systems and technologies.
- Involvement with implementations by 3rd parties, from initial supplier selection, through commercial agreement until final project completion.
- Participate in projects to improve systems, processes and service delivery quality within the team, department and wider business.
- Liaise and if required escalate with team to provide knowledge transfer to ensure a consistent level of systems understanding is achieved.
- Publish, improve and manage internal I.T. documentation.
- At least 5 years experience working in an manufacturing IT infrastructure delivery and support role.
- Degree in IT / Computing.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Effective interpersonal skills essential to maintaining good working relationships and empathy with both technical and non-technical staff, including the ability to communicate well with a wide variety of users, of very differing levels of IT skills.
- Commitment to constant quality improvement.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to produce technical documentation when required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows 2008/2012, Microsoft Exchange 2010, VMware, Server room operations, MES
- Networking Technologies - TCP/IP, Routers, Firewalls, VPN, WAN.
- Strong hardware experience including configuration of servers essential and wireless network experience desirable.
- Working experience with Cisco Network Equipment (Desirable)
- MCSE Qualified (Desirable)
- CCNA Qualified (Desirable)