- PLN competitive
- Warsaw - Poland
About the roleRole purpose and key features
The Marketing Manager will be accountable for the Floorcare category within Poland. Working with the Poland Head of Marketing, they will drive strategies that deliver high category performance in terms of both profitability and brand reputation, short- and long-term growth.
This role will work closely with a network of marketing colleagues based in Dyson’s global and local functions to help shape the right category plans to drive success in Poland. They will help to define and deliver the commercial strategy for their category, within the context of overall growth strategy in Poland and Dyson’s global category ambitions.
1. Develop and deliver the commercial strategy for the category.
- Develop and implement the category plan for Floorcare in Poland
- Manage media plans and communication messaging across all touch points and audiences and report the effectiveness of communications activity to prove the benefit to the business.
- Work with Mindshare to ensure their understanding of the business priorities and obtain the best possible media strategy that supports the set business goals.
- Analysing customer data, audience segmentation and shopper insights in order to establish new opportunities across the category.
- Be the in-market category advocate, continuously championing its value and commercial potential for the market and the wider Dyson business; exposed to developing the ambition, energy, ideas and tools needed by the market’s marketing and sales teams to reach the best possible commercial outcomes from the product set.
- Lead cross functional teams with peers and colleagues across the market team (retailer sales, direct sales, customer services, Group Commercial, CoE, Mindshare where applicable) to maximise the impact the category/products have on consumers and (online) retailers. (e.g. NPD launches, black Friday, etc)
- Continuously and proactively manage category Brand Building Investment.
2. In collaboration with the Sales function, maximise the sales potential and profitability of existing products.
- Develop deep understanding of the territory’s customer opportunity.
- Analyse in-life product and campaign performance and implications for growth strategies.
- Continuously review and re-set tactics as required.
- Open new business opportunities by taking a ‘business development’ approach where appropriate
- Deliver the P&L. Proactively propose and agree retail communication, activation and promotions to respective KAM/ Sales/Direct teams
- Participate to the creation of joint business plans with Sales and Direct teams to make sure the marketing activations driven by retailers are consistent and aligned to the overall brand strategy, and guidelines.
- Build and deploy category strategy to organization to ensure sufficient understanding of key plays and their role within the plans.
- Set and manage volume and BBI phasings as part of overall strategy.
- Define, own and monitor BBI spent. Ensure it is used in the most optimal way across touchpoints to deliver positive ROI.
3. Develop business plans and marketing strategies for all NPD in the category.
- Translate the Group commercial product/category strategy into local strategy; clarifying the approach to maximise own market’s opportunity within the context of global plans.
- Deliver commercial launch plans, working in conjunction with Group Commercial teams and the global approach.
- Develop the commercial elements of pre-launch ‘go to market’ plans and marketing strategies.
- Develop and present sell-in to retailers. Ensure all retail stakeholders are enthusiastic about NPDs and plans of the category.
- Ensure new products are launched successfully through effective leadership across the local market; work with the wider teams to milestones and plan.
- Create a plan to achieve 5 star in-store and online merchandising of product
- Constantly monitor competitors; remain ready to quickly understand the implications of their activities and respond quickly.
4. Alongside the Poland Head of Marketing, operate as a member of the virtual global Dyson category and commercial teams.
- Collaborate with the relevant Group Category teams and other key functions (e.g., Digital & Owner Experience, Retail and Events).
- Provide feedback and insight to the Group category teams; participate in building Dyson’s understanding of commercial category opportunity.
- Focus on post campaign analysis and share learnings and progress of business with relevant stakeholders.
- Experience of product or brand management i.e. simultaneous management of product marketing and communications (4-6 years)
- Experience of bringing new products/categories to market requiring new frameworks to be established.
- Experience working closely with and partnering with cross functional teams.
- Experience working with and managing media agencies
- Good knowledge of traditional and digital media
- Capable individual with the bandwidth to manage complex/multiple projects
- Ability to plan and deliver strategic initiatives
- Marketing based analytical skills (financial, rate of sale, return on investment analysis)
- High willingness to learn, strong collaborator and connector with ability to influence others and take full ownership of results.
- Good influencing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Articulate individual, able to communicate their plans to others verbally and in writing
- A confident individual and influencer who must be ready to take on battles and win
- Nimble, creative thinker who is not afraid to challenge the status quo and to take smart risks
- Driven by a desire to win and for continuous improvement
- Visible passion for product
- Energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Strong team player, approachable and supportive
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also be invited to join a company bonus scheme, healthcare and subsidized sport activities. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.