- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
The Marketing Project Specialist will support Sales and Marketing teams with execution of new product launches and marketing campaigns.
AccountabilitiesManage cross-functional projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Work collaboratively across the sales and marketing functions to support both new and current product ranges
- Partner with the Global team on all product launches, ensuring that they have the best understanding of your local product area
- Facilitate good project management as it relates to the key aspects; communication, understanding, timing, cost and post-mortem analysis
- Own and drive projects through to completion - corralling internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely execution
Inform business decision making process
- Analyze and interpret market data regularly and execute monthly business reports to empower the business with valuable information to make decisions
- Become a product expert across total floorcare business. Learn how to communicate Dyson technology to internal teams, retailers and customers
- Partner with Sales account managers to ensure that Dyson products are represented in the best interests of the brand, the retailer and the customer
- Ensure that marketing and sales channels have the tools, knowledge and assets to execute excellent campaign plans. Train sales out teams and customer service.
Provide multi-level support to Marketing team
- Lead special projects and product launches/refreshes
- Manage feasibility signoff and production requirements for exclusive SKUs from concept to launch.
- Assist in market, competitive and consumer insight studies
- Manage assets from briefs to execution
- Create retailer marketing programs and monitor execution and sales impact
- Create weekly reports and dashboards on sales performance
Develop and execute processes
- Work with the Marketing Manager to ensure that any issues are escalated, communicated and resolved in an appropriate manner
- Provide methods for the reporting of the status of projects to the department, manage status communication and ensure that every opportunity is given for the team to understand project activity
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing or related discipline
- Some experience in a Marketing or sales environment preferred
- Take initiative. Relish the opportunity of starting or picking up new work autonomously.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic, high energy personality
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing department and have the robustness to recover from unexpected outcomes
- Ability to foresee and react quickly to business needs to help improve its function
- Curiosity and initiative to explore and learn
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed.
- Be passionate about the product; this person needs to be enthusiastic about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Project management skills; this person must be able to plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to lead cross functionally and influence up, down and across the business.
- Data numerate. Able to analyse data and interpret quickly to inform decisions
- Ability to travel as required.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.