- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
You will perform data analytics, cleansing and validation activities and get involved in wider MDM related projects. You will work as part of a team responsible for delivering master data to the business that is consistently accurate, on time and in full. The role will also involve developing and improving master data processes both to increase operational efficiency and cope with a fast-growing and increasingly complex business operation. You will work closely with your GMDM colleagues both in the UK and South East Asia, internal customers across the world and IT SAP system specialists.
Ensure that the required master data governance standards and controls are adhered to, including validation checks and quality audits.
Complete daily, weekly and monthly processes and tasks to the required standard.
Provide a professional, responsive and helpful service to internal customers.
Provide effective problem solving support, advice and guidance to internal customers.
Support Master Data Senior Analysts and Master Data Team Leader in wider MDM related project work. Determine business impact level for data quality issues.
Resolve all internal data exceptions in timely and accurate manner.
Research and determine scope and complexity of issue to identify steps to fix it.
Ensure that Master Data is valid and accurate through data controls and other verification measures
Develop process improvements to enhance overall data quality on Master Data.
Determine root cause for data quality errors and make recommendations for long-term solutions.
Investigate KPI results to identify actions to improve both performance and data integrity.
Develop and execute data cleansing measures including survivorship and de-duplication routines.
Ensure adherence to data quality standards.
Identify areas of improvement through business rules to achieve data quality.
Analyse, query and manipulate data according to defined business rules and procedures.
Work with Programmers to correct data quality errors
- Previous experience of handling master data in an ERP system, ideally SAP for Financial Data.
- Solid experience with Data Quality and Data Quality Frameworks and methods.
- Knowledge of Data Profiling and Visualisation Tools ex. SAP Information Steward.
- A passion for the discipline of Master Data Management in Finance.
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organisational skills and a methodical approach to work.
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
- A clear appreciation of what constitutes good customer service and a commitment to delivering this.
- A proactive approach to your role; self-starting and solution rather than problem focused.
- High self-motivation and flexibility.
- High personal work standards.
- The ability to deal with high levels of complexity, change and evolving processes, often at short notice.
- The ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with key stakeholders both within and outside of the MDM team to get the job done.
- Confidence to push back with customers and stakeholders to protect the integrity of the data management process.
- A thirst to learn about new areas and develop new areas of expertise.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.