- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Motors and Power Systems
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to develop our advanced Dyson Digital Motors technology. Manufactured in-house, at an automated production facility, these motors are used exclusively in our market leading products to give us a key advantage in the global market.
By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop and support unique, high technology motors from a prototype stage through to mass manufacture.
This is what we need you to do…
- Create/implement great technology to produce high quality, reliable advanced DDM that meet all performance and functional criteria.
- Work with global one RDD teams to create/integrate & develop new Dyson Digital Motor technology research into the final design, including production part/tooling approval.
- Work with other simulation/electronic/mechanical/automation engineers to ensure product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met.
- Take a proactive approach in the generation of solutions/ideas –present solutions/ideas and concepts to senior management.
- Take an active role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods.
- Use established Dyson methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver robust solutions in agreed timeframe, such as but not limited to Tolerance Stack Analysis, Process Capability (Cpk), DFMEA, Minitab, etc.
- Maintain supporting documentation to ensure accurate handovers.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal team.
- Own/contribute to team/Dept. level objectives, initiatives & change projects.
- Manage sub-project tasks assigned, with ability to hold technical discussion with internal and external cross-functional team, take calculated risk with strong justification if required.
- Initiate and or review Engineering Change, making 3D/2D & BOM changes/creation with strong justification; liaise with Manufacturing & Production to ensure smooth implementation.
- Perform hands-on approach in using basic measurement equipment, including ability to design jig and fixture for testing and measurement setup.
- Challenge & develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve technologies/design/product quality.
- Prepare and participate in design reviews including with Exec.
- Mentor Graduates/new team members & day-to-day management of others if relevant.
- Liaise with our In-house Manufacturing Team for engineering evaluations or special builds in support of productivity/quality improvement projects or cost reduction initiatives such as alternative parts/suppliers, engineering redesign, etc.
This is what we need you to have...
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with specialisation in design/aeronautical/material/chemical engineering.
- Between 4-6 years of mechanical design experience in full product development cycle ideally related to precision machinery or complex mechatronics assembly such as HDD, electric motors or turbochargers.
- Sound understanding of basic physical & mechanical principles, manufacturing, & research & development through analysis, prototyping and testing.
- Solid experience in fundamentals of mechanics and mechatronics, various manufacturing processes and technologies particularly in moulding, casting, machining, adhesive, etc.
- Sound understanding & experience in GD&T application and interpretation, tolerance stack creation and analysis, and measurement systems.
- Team player & self-starter, good at communicating at all levels.
- A well-rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills. Aptitude in hands-on prototype lab work, including but not limited to test, assembly & measurement jig design.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and application in various measurement methods and its constraints (including jig & fixture design), particularly used in measuring precision parts.
- Demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving, and a desire to develop their design and development skills.
- Strong trouble-shooter, demonstrate ability to work proactively, to identify issues and propose better solutions.
- Experience in working at low mix high volume industry, with strong knowledge in statistical tools and analysis is a plus.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (preferably Unigraphics), PLM and Minitab is an advantage.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching peers or Junior Engineers will be an added advantage.
- Comfortable to work and collaborate with different teams across different geographical location with different time zone.