- Mechanical Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
This is a busy, responsible and demanding position which offers large scope of self-improvement opportunities. The right person will be participating in the development of Dyson new products from the evaluation of new technologies till the implementation of the final product whilst working closely with designers on a wide range of structural, manufacturing and material problems.
- Ensure Dyson product satisfy the targeted performance specification & support new concept development in house. Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
- Support FEA and Moldflow modelling and propose solutions to resolve engineering problem
- Establish and help experimental risk evaluation and physical testing
- Support Research Projects. Identify potential new research areas that would benefit from material, structural and processing Technology development.
- Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards to robustness
- Mentor Design Engineers in best practice in terms of mechanical robustness and processing in our extensive range of EC, Lighting and new products.
- Analyse test results, summarize and communicate to other members of RDD including senior managers and leadership team
- Provide, co-ordinate and support Mechanical Analysis across RDD and the Dyson world.
- Solving day to day challenging engineering problems and communicate solutions throughout the team and RDD.
- To provide feedback and possible suggestion to UK new concept development team based on the technical problem encountered downstream.
- At least 1 or 2 years of working experience in the industry or Mechanical Engineering field or fresh graduate in Master/Phd.
- Excellent verbal and written communication English.
- Understanding mechanical drawings and performance parameters.
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach.
- Experience of FEM analysis tools such as ANSYS and MOLDFLOW