- Mechanical Engineering, Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As Mechanical Design Engineer for our New Category team with New Product Development you will be designing and development brand new technologies on exciting new products.
- Produce mechanical designs for motion control and drive systems to meet product specifications and processes incorporating low cost, high volume manufacturing techniques.
- Be responsible for 3D CAD and design requirements of mechanical components from concept through to design frozen and complete.
- Liaise with the suppliers of motor and drive components to develop tailored designs to gain technical advantage in new products.
- Defining plans, monitoring progress and reporting to management on the technical risks.
- Use hand calculations to validate designs through the development process backed up with lab based testing / characterisation / validation.
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
- Analyse test results, summarise and communicate these to colleagues both technical and non-technical.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality.
- Own/contribute to team/department level initiatives & change projects.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering. MEng, BEng Hons or Product Design with strong technical portfolio and experience
- Clear logical thought process with a sound understanding of fundamental physical science and general engineering principles
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of mechanisms and an awareness of the application of electrical principles and electronics
- Idea generation – a creative problem solver who is intellectually sharp
- Ability to multitask without losing focus in a rapidly changing environment
- Persistent nature and an inquisitive approach
- Ability to champion great design to produce products that meet all performance and functional criteria
- Ability to communicate effectively across disciplines and business functions
- Work in a close nit team and not be afraid to challenge design ideas or the way tests are carried out
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines