- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our Mechanical Engineers are responsible for producing innovative powertrain concepts and detailed designs that push the limits of technology. Working in a team alongside Design Managers you are encouraged to be thoroughly hands-on when developing products from inception through to manufacture.
- Develop innovative & novel powertrain and mechanism concepts with high value Intellectual property.
- Accessing technical risk, defining development plans, tracking progress and reporting against project delivery
- Design & build prototypes to demonstrate technologies features, and performance.
- Create investigative verification and validation tests throughout all development phases.
- Analysis of performance & test results.
- Influencing technology and product development roadmaps through the development of strategic supplier relationships.
- Idea generation – a creative problem solver with the ability to multitask without losing focus in a rapidly changing environment.
- Analytical thinking. Clear logical thought with a sound understanding of fundamental physical science and general engineering principles.
- A good understanding of mechanisms and awareness of the application of electrical principles and electronics.
- Willingness to champion great design to produce products that meet all performance and functional criteria.
- Ability to communicate effectively across disciplines and business functions.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines