- SGD Competitive
- Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
This role houses the responsibility for the Cell Mechanical Engineering and constituent parts. Being the junction point for the cell technology and the physical requirements, this ownership means delivering a solution to meet aspirations of both.
A successful candidate will have the communication skills to translate technical feedback whilst working in a culturally diverse team to translate chemistry requirements into design prototypes and production object. Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager /Energy Storage Director, the role will encompass Design and Mechanical responsibilities, Object creation and Technical communications.
- Form, Fit & Function – devise and convert design requirements to resolution to ensure a smooth transition to production
- Responsibility of the mechanical integrity of cell components ensuring the design, tolerance system and assembly sequence delivers high yield, low cost solutions.
- Create, optimise & validate mechanical designs using appropriate modelling, simulation and analysis tools. This would include FE, impact analysis and vibration assessments.
- Implement lab based testing for component or system characterisation and verification, be ready to create, implement and educate test methods for the validation team.
- Use systems engineering methodologies to optimise product performance and solve complex engineering problems
- Design mechanical solutions to meet requirements of safety, reliability and robustness for the end application. Work in tandem with the Application Engineering to realise Engineering samples and customer deliveries. ·
- Play an active role in developing new equipment methodologies and novel packaging design. Use mechanical methods to design and critique with leading vendors to enable high volume, low cost manufacturing.
- Generate Mechanical design information for Energy Storage, including escalating any significant recommendations or incidents, and advise the team on risk and mitigations.
- Provide clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate information for other teams within the UK or Far East.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously enhance efficiency.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to cross languages and cultures within the team.
- Ability to work sensitively, discretely, and effectively across Dyson.
- 3+ years’ experience of Mechanical/Design Engineering technical matters.
- Experience working with hardware development and production
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of design process and an awareness of the application of Cells, Modules and Pack systems.
- A broad understanding of material properties and manufacturing processes related to Cell engineering materials. (Pressing, forming, welding etc.)
- Experience in the use of static and transient mechanical FEA, preferably using Ansys.
- Experience in laboratory-based testing and validation of materials and sub-systems.
- Appreciation of the fundamentals of software tools for development – LabVIEW/ Python.
- Experience of working within a Battery powered programme a strong advantage.
- Delivery team experience.
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.