- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
We are looking for Verification Engineer to join Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) mechanical development team, which is under Dyson Global Technology Department.
About the role
- Responsible for verification of DDM mechanical system and assemblies from its Specification.
- Responsible for Requirement review, prepare verification matrix
- Conduct functional and performance verification and other investigations to demonstrate DDM life, thermal, mechanical performance in accordance with specification
- To ensure tests are carried out as per Dyson test methods or as per relevant standards (IEC, ASTM, etc,.).
- To design and develop test systems inclusive of simple jigs to hold DDM to automated test system to meet test requirements
- Test reporting and disseminate test results to all cross functional teams.
- Responsible for failure reporting and initiate steps for corrective action.
- Mentoring team members on test methods and setup
- Support failure analysis, failure mechanism and root cause identification, and work with other teams (electronics team, quality team, engineering team etc.,) on design change, process improvement, quality control and corrective action implementation.
- Mentor technicians on test methods and setup
- To liaise with suppliers on rigs and equipment issues / ordering.
- To maintain the rigs and equipment in the lab ensuring calibration requirements and maintaining them in good condition.
- Enforce health & safety regulations in assigned areas of responsibility, maintaining good housekeeping in the labs and test facilities at all times.
- Carry out periodical safety audits and create safety awareness among team members.
- To comply with safety and health requirements at all time to ensure the lab personnel adhered to the safety requirements
- Familiar with test automation skill using wide range NI LABVIEW tools and Test Stand.
- Ability to conduct Life Data Analysis using Minitab or Weibull statistical software is preferred
- A well-rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills. Use of ad-hoc hand calculations and investigative experiments to evaluate the concepts/ideas and to support engineering decisions.
- Knowledge and experience of precision machinery design or complex mechanical assembly (such as HDD, brushless motors, turbochargers, turbines or related) in areas of vibration, noise, rotor balancing/dynamics, thermal and wear/ tear are preferred.
- Proven experience of creative and methodical problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize key activities according to project deliveries.
- Able to work in a self-motivated way as well as in a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate in a professional manner with all levels.
- Strong “can-do” attitude. Demonstrate ability to work proactively and work under pressure.
- Exposure to working in a cross cultural and international team would be advantageous.
- For senior and above position, demonstrate the leadership on people management and/or technically leading the complex issues to be solved.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience for senior position.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.