- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
- Location details
- Chicago, IL
This person will lead the Media team across all media channels from traditional TV and OOH, through Influencers and Content, and all Digital Channels. They will have experience as a subject matter expert on digital marketing, content generation and digital media best practices to support the US market. This role will be responsible for the delivery of the evolving US media strategy, that impacts our consumers through the purchase journey. It is critical that this role understands how to effectively balance brand marketing and performance marketing, impacting business growth across all categories, and to increase the quality of traffic to Dyson owned websites.
Additionally, this role must maintain and further strengthen the strategic relationships we have in place with Mindshare (Global media agency), Google and Facebook.
AccountabilitiesLeadership of US media strategy
- Understanding the current and future US media landscape, which channels are cutting through best with our target audiences - behaviourally and geographically, what are the emerging channels and how can we test and learn, what are the most efficient and the most effective channels to plan against at each stage of the marketing funnel.
- Working in partnership with the three Category Directors to deliver a full funnel approach to media and message delivery. Creating three annual media plans, plus a cross category approach to further developing ‘what Dyson is known for’ in the US.
- Develop an Annual Media Strategy and Planning model, to fit within Commercial Annual Planning timelines. This will include briefing of media partners on NPD, coordinating media briefs with Category heads, provision of supporting data to shape the plans, full costing models and scenario plans to ensure media hits our commercial objectives, final budget submission.
- Develop and manage end to end Brand to Demand operating model, bringing together category growth and brand stretch objectives, with Direct and Indirect revenue goals. Develop and maintain balanced Media Scorecard, to provide metrics that measure brand media’s effect on performance marketing efficiency, and performance marketing effect on brand health.
Measurement of media strategy and tactics
- Partnering with Insights and Analytics team, lead the ongoing formulation and delivery of a comprehensive Media Mix Model. Manage the relationship with our new MMM partner, and the coordination with Mindshare and other media partners.
- Deliver and cascade bi-annual MMM reports and scenario plans to inform decision making on media investment and promotional investment. Develop action plan and ensure learnings are being acted on, measured and reviewed.
- Create an environment of continual testing, measurement and learning across all media channels, across the full media team and category teams. Establish regular media reviews to continually track and discuss performance of both brand and demand.
- Management of media agency to produce meaningful post campaign analysis and improve the value of our digital advertising through relentless testing, targeting and refining plans.
- Review of media agency performance and setting KPI’s to ensure we continually achieve and exceed targets while maintaining a positive return on our investment.
Development of media planning, evaluation and auditing
- Key manager of the media agency to reach the right audience through a variety of digital and non-digital media channels, employ new ways of advertising in the purchase journey across desktop, mobile and tablet.
- Overall control of the media plans ensuring that key booking dates are met, supporting Category managers to deliver campaigns on time and driving full value of our media investment.
- Obsess over optimization within the Media Team, to ensure we win across all categories to convert active Dyson shoppers and drive consideration, plus employ new strategies to demonstrate the Dyson difference and stimulate interest where tactically relevant to bring new traffic into Dyson.
- Brief owner to the media agency who will manage and execute the creation of highly impactful marketing assets and innovative campaigns to drive growth in each category, while managing cross-functional relationships internally and externally.
- Build relationship with Global Media team to collaborate on reporting and new digital initiatives and assist in the implementation of those programs (i.e. DCO) to apply learnings that will influence decisions and assist overall marketing goals.
- Ability to influence and drive change across the organization and lead media planning and performance presentations.
Production of digital strategies to acquire new visitors and drive awareness
- Support the Head of Direct and work closely with the E-Commerce Manager to implement the overall digital strategy for Dyson Direct US, taking into account our full brand proposition and Global Dyson digital guidelines and best practices.
- Be part of a global digital team to assist in the development of digital sales strategies and tactics that drive business profitability by increasing high quality visitors, dwell time, improving conversion rates, capturing larger average order sizes and managing margin performance.
- Work closely with retail.com team, looking at both Brick & mortar and pureplay digital media investment, and impact on investment decision on direct media.
- Develop efficient tactics utilising the Google Marketing Platform (tech stack), measured by GA 360 and Adobe. Drive YoY spend efficiencies in performance marketing.
- Use of Hitwise (and other) data to fully understand downstream and upstream traffic to Dyson owned websites and relevance in the purchase journey to acquire new visitors and increase traffic from current 12m visitors annually.
Dyson.com campaign management
- Act as a consultative resource and subject matter expert to the Category teams for all content creation that supports digital and non-digital marketing activities. Provide direction, conceptual and digital creative input into the digital media strategy, working closely with Digital creative teams.
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders to ensure alignment on digital plans, and with the Category, Retail, PR, Customer Service and Owner Engagement teams to drive integrated marketing strategies to ensure all new product launches are represented correctly online.
- Work with the Category Heads to fully understand category objectives and design digital advertising campaigns and ad copy to deliver digital performance accordingly to maximize our sales potential.
- Identify opportunities, and develop and drive initiatives and campaigns that will increase direct sales.
- Manage the digital media budgets, purchase orders and media pricing in comparison to the market, and negotiation of media services, where applicable.
Build full media viewpoint and integrated plan Work with retail.com media team
- Work hand in hand with retail.com media team and Affiliate team (under Direct team), to formulate full view of media spend by channel, role and by part of the funnel.
- Agree budget by tactic based on forecast outcomes, and business goals, in both Direct and Indirect channels.
Build, develop and promote an effective team
- Manage processes to ensure that the media team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
- Inspire, lead and motivate direct reports through regular feedback, 1:1’s IDP’s and objectives.
- Develop and upskill the team for their own continuous improvement and readiness for promotion opportunities.
- Inspire a passion for our product, and for the power of media, within the media team and the wider marketing team.
- Support media team members to ensure that they can communicate effectively throughout the organization both locally and at a Global level.
- Work closely with Global Media team to influence decisions to assist US marketing goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required.
- 10+ years of marketing experience; minimum 5 years of digital experience with a major e-commerce site, specialist digital agency, or media agency with strong digital weighting. Minimum 3 years’ experience in senior leadership role, managing a team.
- Must have experience working with a transactional website, marketing products and services online for a consumer brand.
- Proven expertise in paid search, including design, implementation and optimization of direct and retail campaigns
- Strong understanding of how digital creative assets influence the purchase journey in the digital space such as videos, interactive demos.
- Strong understating of all media channels, both digital and traditional and how they should be planned together through the marketing funnel.
- Proven ability in media analytics, through media mix modelling to prove ROI and scenario build for future investment planning.
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and concepts; search engines, landing page design and optimization, tools and trends.
- Experience working with major retailers in an e-commerce environment preferred.
- Online search marketing certification a plus.
- Previous experience managing a media agency, including strong project brief writing skills
- Strong consumer digital experience, leadership and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Drive projects from concept through implementation and to analyze post-campaign results.
- Thorough understanding of Dyson’s channels.
- Must have excellent project management skills to coordinate both internal and external resource in a cross-functional organization.
- Experience working with a major Web analytics and reporting tool.
- An innovative thinker with digital marketing expertise and a proven track record.
- Self-starter, highly developed ability to receive and give feedback as well as to set priorities.
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, diligent, and conscientious.
- A visionary who is always looking to learn the most cutting-edge methodologies in media.
- Attention to details and accuracy in reporting - vigilant editing skills.
- Proactive – always looking for ways to improve.
- Strong team player and team leader.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Personable, ability to work well with a variety of different personality types and skill sets.
- Relishes the opportunity to pick up new activities and fix things that need fixing.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand, uphold its integrity, and promote and demonstrate our values & behaviors.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.