- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
About the roleLeadership of US media strategy
- Working in partnership with the Category Director(s) to deliver a full funnel approach to media and message delivery. Creating three annual media plans, plus a cross category approach to further developing ‘what Dyson is known for’ in the US.
- Briefing of media partners on NPD, coordinating media briefs with Category heads, provision of supporting data to shape the plans, full costing models and scenario plans to ensure media hits our commercial objectives, final budget submission.
- Develop and maintain balanced Media Scorecard, to provide metrics that measure brand media’s effect on performance marketing efficiency, and performance marketing effect on brand health.
- Deliver and cascade bi-annual/annual MMM reports and scenario plans to inform decision making on media investment and promotional investment. Develop action plan and ensure learnings are being acted on, measured and reviewed.
- Create an environment of continual testing, measurement and learning across all media channels, across the full media team and category teams. Establish regular media reviews to continually track and discuss performance of both brand and demand.
- Develop a learning agenda in partnership with Mindshare and Category & Media team.
- Partner with Head of CRM to understand and leverage CRM data in media measurement and targeting.
- Overall control of the media plans ensuring that key booking dates are met, supporting Category managers to deliver campaigns on time and driving full value of our media investment.
- Obsess over optimization within the Media Team, to ensure we win across all categories to convert active Dyson shoppers and drive consideration, plus employ new strategies to demonstrate the Dyson difference and stimulate interest where tactically relevant to bring new traffic into Dyson.
- Ability to influence and drive change across the organization and lead media planning and performance presentations.
- Be part of a global digital team to assist in the development of digital sales strategies and tactics that drive business profitability by increasing high quality visitors, dwell time, improving conversion rates, capturing larger average order sizes and managing margin performance.
- Work closely with retail.com & Affiliate (Direct) team, looking at both Brick & mortar and pureplay digital media investment, and impact on investment decision on direct media.
- Agree budget by tactic based on forecast outcomes, and business goals, in both Direct and Indirect channels.
- Act as a consultative resource and subject matter expert to the Category teams for all content creation that supports digital and non-digital marketing activities. Provide direction, conceptual and digital creative input into the digital media strategy, working closely with Digital creative teams.
- Work with the Category Heads to fully understand category objectives and design digital advertising campaigns and ad copy to deliver digital performance accordingly to maximize our sales potential.
- Manage the digital media budgets and media pricing in comparison to the market, and negotiation of media services, where applicable.
- Develop and upskill the team for their own continuous improvement and readiness for promotion opportunities.
- Inspire a passion for our product, and for the power of media, within the media team and the wider marketing team.
- Support media team members to ensure that they can communicate effectively throughout the organization both locally and at a Global level.
- Work closely with Global Media team to influence decisions to assist US marketing goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required.
- 10+ years of marketing experience; minimum 5 years of digital experience with a major e-commerce site, specialist digital agency, or media agency with strong digital weighting. Minimum 3 years’ experience in senior leadership role, managing a team.
- Must have experience working with a transactional website, marketing products and services online for a consumer brand.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and leading sizable teams and managing multiple, global stakeholders
- Proven expertise in paid search, including design, implementation and optimization of direct and retail campaigns
- Strong understanding of how digital creative assets influence the purchase journey in the digital space such as videos, interactive demos.
- Strong understating of all media channels, both digital and traditional and how they should be planned together through the marketing funnel.
- Proven ability in media analytics, through media mix modelling to prove ROI and scenario build for future investment planning.
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and concepts; search engines, landing page design and optimization, tools and trends.
- Experience working with major retailers in an e-commerce environment preferred.
- Online search marketing certification a plus.
- Previous experience managing a media agency, including strong project brief writing skills
- Strong consumer digital experience, leadership and analytical skills.
- Drive projects from concept through implementation and to analyze post-campaign results.
- Must have excellent project management skills to coordinate both internal and external resource in a cross-functional organization.
- Experience working with a major Web analytics and reporting tool.
- An innovative thinker with digital marketing expertise and a proven track record.
- A visionary who is always looking to learn the most cutting-edge methodologies in media.
- Attention to details and accuracy in reporting - vigilant editing skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Relishes the opportunity to pick up new activities and fix things that need fixing.
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.