- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
Our research and testing enables us to pioneer new technology by continuously improving and developing our machines. The team is hands-on and integrated, which means you’ll be fully involved in the development process.
About the roleWe are looking for a Microbiology Manager to technically and functionally lead a team of microbiology specialists within the Dyson Research team.The role requires a large amount of cross disciplinary collaboration. Flexibility and an ability to use previous experience on new problems is very much desirable along with a lateral approach to problem solving and delivering through others
- Leadership, development and management of the output and performance of a team of microbiologists within a wider, multidisciplinary team.
- Technical project management of research and development projects using both external and internal resources.
- Research and development of lab based methods and experiments for research and development projects.
- Ability to critic published data and develop experimental programmes.
- Good analytical ability and subject area knowledge allowing development of technology roadmaps.
- Act as specialist knowledge holder to Engineers and senior team as part of project progress reviews.
- Support marketing, sales and other functions with science knowledge as required.
- A passion for science and problem solving in a product development context. Application of knowledge to new challenges.
- Extensive experience of microbiology in a fast paced R&D environment including tam leadership
- A working knowledge and understanding of fundamental scientific theories specifically in the field of microbiology, biological science or hygiene.
- Knowledge of standards and procedures required for the efficient and safe running of a microbiology laboratory
- A creative problem solver who is intellectually sharp and able to create broad opportunities within consumer product development
- Good organisational skills, task prioritisation and coordination of the work of others.
- Clear logical thought, planning approach and attention to detail.
- Experience of communication and presentation to senior management.
- Able to define and execute experimental programs including management of external providers.
- Willing to challenge concepts and programmes in order to determine the best route to delivery.
- Able to multitask without losing focus in a rapidly changing environment.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.