- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As part of the Brand Graphic Design team, you will work closely with the Creative Head, to define best practice for all master files, and set up libraries of deliverable templates and global best practice, as well as creating guides and brand books that help our global creative network to attain a higher level of compliance when delivering Dyson materials. You will develop a close working relationship with our external production partners, and will have full sign off and accountability for the integrity of the artwork within the master files we supply.
‘Brand Graphic Design’ (BGD) is one of four core teams within the central Dyson Commercial Division, reporting directly into the Global Creative Director. Its central role is to manage the definition, documentation, training and application of the Dyson image and identity that will deliver the Dyson experience, while protecting our reputation.
- Work with the Creative Head to define and maintain consistent styles and layouts to drive better consistency across multiple documents, and ultimately across different markets and categories
- Build Dyson brand knowledge to become a guardian of our reputation, both in terms of the files we supply and files returned for proofing via vendors/third parties
- Produce creative files using InDesign, ensuring consistent use of type, grid and layout across traditional print/2D formats, through to large format and some digital formats
- Complete work within the timelines agreed, adhering to the schedules developed for production, providing accurate timing updates during weekly status meetings
- Help define and contribute to effective production quality control processes
- Take responsibility for approving and signing off files for quality and accuracy, both pre and post production
- Committed to developing skill base and technical knowledge of system software used on a day-to-day basis to ensure we are following best practice. – Attend training courses as required.
- Have a thorough and up-to-date working knowledge of the Dyson product range in order to fully understand the context of any work produced
- Build and maintain thorough knowledge of the Censhare Asset Management system. Training will be given.
- Hold a degree at 2:1 or above in a design related field or previous creative experience
- You will need to demonstrate a strong technical understanding of typography and grid systems, this is (essential)
- You will need a thorough and complete understanding of pre-press and print process
- You will have excellent knowledge and expertise using the full Adobe Creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- It would be advantageous if you had some knowledge of moving image software (Final Cut Pro/Premiere/After Effects/Flash)
- You will need good technical knowledge of print and production, including proofing systems (GMG) and colour calibration, colour calibration and repro separations
- The ability to drive projects from brief through to implementation
- It goes without saying, you will need strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise in the face of many immediate demands
- You will need to be a problem solver, take a proactive approach to your work – always looking for ways to improve
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Vigilant editing skills
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines