- £Competitive + bonus + benefits
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson’s Global Communications Team is charged with storytelling on a global scale, bringing to life Dyson technology, products, people, places and the company philosophy. The department is responsible for public relations, public affairs, internal communications and the James Dyson Award – our international design award for students of design and engineering.
Our Communications strategy focuses on authentically explaining our technology, the problems it solves, and how it intersects with improving the lives of our owners. With an increasing focus on storytelling through a multi-channel format covering traditional and social media, the objective is to build a positive Dyson reputation synonymous with technology, quality and class leading performance.
We need a Film maker to work with the Dyson Film team on the Malmesbury campus in Wiltshire, making films that bring to life Dyson stories about our people and technology.
The work varies a lot; quirky social films, documentary, animation. We have our own on-site 2000 sq ft film studio, but we often shoot on location and when needed we work with external, specialist teams as well.
As well as understanding spectacular production values, you should be able to innovate and turn films around quickly, to a vast array of budgets and timescales. You need to be comfortable directing and shooting, but most importantly a brilliant editor; weaving engaging and authentic stories.
The film maker must lead the creative aspects of the film making process, collaborating with other creative teams and stakeholders all around the Dyson world. It is your responsibility that the films communicate messages and stories clearly and in the strongest possible way.
You might be a strong DoP who loves to edit or an editor who loves to shoot things. You will often work as part of a team of Dyson film makers, but also with external crews and not be afraid to work alone.
What we'd like to see from you -
- Must have experience of self-shooting and editing to a good standard.
- A really good eye for short-form documentary editing.
- Ability to create compelling short-form documentary films.
- Proven experience briefing creative to external companies and agencies.
- Good eye for multi-platform film making – for mobile etc.
- Proven experience working directly with clients at all levels of film understanding.
- Hands on post production experience – grading, VFX and sound design.
- Ability to light and shoot a scene with minimal help.
- Understanding of and some experience in a producer role; sourcing external crew, post-production etc.
- A good understanding of the global social media landscape.
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Company bonus (paid annually)
- Pension scheme
- Private medical and dental cover
- Life assurance
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants