- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Sales Account Management
- Chicago - USA
The National Account Manager will plan, execute and maximize comprehensive, strategic business plans for Amazon.com, resulting in the delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson products. There will be potential for direct reports in the future.
AccountabilitiesAchieve sales, profit and inventory goals.• Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis• Develop strategic plans for channels, retailers, and products to achieve the agreed plan• Forecast at the account and product level as required• Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to drive business proactively with customer or team• Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position• Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal business partners.• Develop, lead, and identify ideal process and key stakeholders to assure all necessary deliverables are achieved• Seek out decision makers and influencers, create positive working relationships across all levels of the business• Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for example accounts receivable, legal, customer service, and all related administrative due diligence
Plan, develop, and manage relationships with retailers, current and new.• Represent Dyson to the trade; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners and emerging businesses.• Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business; create positive working relationships across all levels of their organizations.• Exhibit comprehensive knowledge of customers and channels; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally.• Execute plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement, including negotiating contracts and various programs with customers• Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Contribute to the US Sales team.• Serve as an active and high performing member of the team• Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise• Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
Fulfill other duties as necessary.• Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role• Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement• Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in account sales, account management, or managing a buyer relationship. Experience with digital retail, retailer negotiations and strong data analytics preferred. Experience working with Amazon, a plus.
- Diverse experience working with supporting departments, including operations, trade marketing, channel management, category management and finance required.
- Proven track record of budget/quota delivery.
- Depending on geographic requirements, ability to travel up to 50%, including overnights.
- Ability to think creatively and develop long-term plans for product launches which maximize brand awareness and profit, while minimizing channel conflict.
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both on an internal and external level.
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities; excellent presentation and influencing skills.
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize ROI using retail math.
- Ability to accurately forecast demand for sales and profit growth on a micro and macro level.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, self-motivated, tenacious!
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.