- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Sales Account Management
- Chicago - USA
- Location details
- Chicago, IL
The NAM will plan, execute and maximize comprehensive, strategic business plans for Specialty/Premium/3PL channels, resulting in the delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson products. Will manage 1 direct report
Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals.
· Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
· Develop strategic plans for channels, retailers, and products to achieve the agreed plan
· Forecast at the account and product level as required
· Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to drive business proactively with customer or team
· Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
· Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal business partners.
· Develop, lead, and identify ideal process and key stakeholders to assure all necessary deliverables are achieved
· Seek out decision makers and influencers. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for
example accounts receivable, legal, customer service, and all related
administrative due diligence
Plan, develop, and manage relationships with retailers, current and new.
· Represent Dyson to the trade; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners and emerging businesses
· Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships across all levels of their organizations
· Comprehensive knowledge of customers and channels; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally
· Execute plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement including negotiating contracts and various programs with customers
· Develop new customers and business channels as needed
· Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Contribute to the US Sales team.
· Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
· Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
· Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
Fulfill other duties as necessary.
· Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
· Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
· Identify problems and find solutions
- Full driver’s license with good driving record
- 50 lbs
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience account sales, account management, and managing a buyer relationship, Experience with specialty/premium incentive accounts, history of managing third party distributors, and managing direct reports preferred.
- Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, channel management, category management and financial analysis required
- Proven track record of budget/quota delivery
- Depending on geographic requirements, ability to travel up to 60%, including overnights
- Demonstrate the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team, and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels, retailers, and products
- Ability to provide insights to POS trends within account base
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities
- Excellent presentation and influence skills
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment
- Ability to accurately forecast demand
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, diligent, conscientious
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.