- Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
- Sales Account Management
- Chicago - USA
About the roleThe National Account Manager will plan, execute and maximize comprehensive, strategic business plans for a strategic beauty retailer, resulting in the delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson products.
Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals.
- Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Develop strategic plans for channels, retailers, and products to achieve the agreed plan
- Forecast at the account and product level as required
- Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to drive business proactively with customer or team
- Influence internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
- Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
- Develop, lead, and identify ideal process and key stakeholders to assure all necessary deliverables are achieved
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
- Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for example accounts receivable, legal, customer service, and all related administrative due diligence
- Represent Dyson to the trade; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners and emerging businesses.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business; create positive working relationships across all levels of their organizations.
- Exhibit comprehensive knowledge of customers and channels; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally.
- Execute plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement, including negotiating contracts and various programs with customers
- Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Enthusiastic about beauty, committed to results, self-motivated and tenacious!
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in account sales, account management, or managing a buyer relationship. Experience with digital retail, retailer negotiations and strong data analytics preferred. Experience working with Amazon, a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with a beauty brand or beauty retailer
- Diverse experience working with cross functional teams including: operations, trade marketing, channel management, category management, legal and finance required.
- Proven track record of budget/quota delivery.
- Depending on geographic requirements, ability to travel up to 50%, including overnights.
- Ability to think creatively and develop long-term plans for product launches which maximize brand awareness and profit, while minimizing channel conflict.
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both on an internal and external level.
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities; excellent presentation and influencing skills.
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize ROI using retail math.
- Ability to accurately forecast demand for sales and profit growth on a micro and macro level.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and collaboration tools such as MS Teams. Advanced proficiency in Excel.
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.