- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We are looking for an Network Architect to join our Global infrastructure team. You will Develop network architecture, strategy and roadmap o Researching innovation and emerging technologies o Running Proof-of-Concept projects, lab trials, vendor/technology evaluation o Customer/partner engagements
- Working closely with fellow Network Architects and Security Architects, other functional area Technical Architects, and wider business users to ensure robust, highly performing, reliable and scalable network solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms.
- Leading the development of network evolution use cases and long-term network architecture in collaboration with business stakeholders, partners and fellow technical architects.
- Designing and recommending network solutions to align with business, process and application requirements.
- Providing advice and consultation to various teams throughout the business on matters relating to network design and operation, including mentoring of network engineers and analysts.
- Identifying gaps and requirements, ultimately researching, designing and delivering WAN/LAN and other networking-related solutions.
- Delivering business cases for various solution architectures, and high level design.
- Experience and understanding of newer network technologies such as Spine and Leaf, SDN, NFV, Openstack, OpenFlow and NSX.
- Understanding of advanced data centre networking equipment including Nexus 9K/7K/5K/2K, Catalyst series switches, Cisco routers, DR integration, next-gen firewalls, VPN etc.
- Experience with enterprise class network management/monitoring systems is desired (Solarwinds, Nagios, etc.).
- Solid understanding of layered network and security protocols
- Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines