- Hullavington - United Kingdom
This role sits within the Manufacturing & Operations area of our automotive function and plays a pivotal role in delivering our vision.
• Coordination of launch activities in the BIW and Paint areas, across all key functions (Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials Planning & Logistics, Estates, etc.) for all new vehicle introductions
• Tracking progress of New Model Launch deliverables against plan, confirming status for project milestones and launch control meetings
• Identification of launch risks and driving mitigation through the appropriate cross-functional teams
• Reporting on launch readiness to all relevant audiences in an intuitive, comprehensive and timely manner
• Create and manage the day-by-day build plans for pre-production builds in BIW and Paint; meeting needs of, and agreed with, Engineering, Commercial, Quality, Manufacturing, etc.
• For those areas, ensuring all plans are in place to enable pre-production builds including BOM, parts delivery, equipment availability, processes, etc.
• Ensuring the plans in place in terms of resources, parts and production ramp-up are achievable and meet launch requirements Launch Quality Management:
• Driving identification, containment and documentation of issues during pre-production builds, and leading cross-functional teams to achieve resolution ahead of the next build phase
• Reporting on, communicating and ensuring adhesion to launch quality metrics and the Launch Quality Operating System, through pre-production builds and into start of production
• Degree educated in an Engineering discipline
• Substantial project or programme management experience – ideally with a formal qualification (PMP/PRINCE2)
• Automotive experience necessary; particularly of New Model Launch in the BIW and Paint areas of the plant
• Prior experience working across different countries and time zones would be beneficial