- Quality and Reliability
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas
unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
New Product Quality & Safety’s (NPQ&S) purpose is to collaborate with Research, Design, Development and Operations stakeholders to enable the creation of safe, reliable and highly satisfying new products.
The Safety team broadly divides into 2 streams; managing and driving safety on new projects in development and managing and driving resolution and learning from any safety-related issue that may occur in the field.
About the role
Reporting into the Head of New Product Quality & Safety, this role is to lead and manage successful delivery of all safety deliverables on all projects within the product creation process across all Dyson categories. The role leads directly a team of Dyson safety engineers based in both UK and SEA, and indirectly leads hundreds of stakeholders from across the business to ensure successful achievement of safety deliverables on all Dyson new products.
· Lead, manage and develop a team of safety engineers based in UK and SEA.
· Lead and manage across all new product projects the process of defining, agreeing and setting safety requirements with multiple stakeholders across Research, Design and Development on multiple projects, and then manage the process of evaluating test results to demonstrate achievement of safety requirements and ultimately sign-off safety for production.
· Lead and manage across all new product projects the progress management and status tracking of all safety deliverables including safety status at each milestone
· Lead and manage potential safety issue detection, analysis and resolution across all new product projects with multiple stakeholders across Research, Design and Development, plus lead the new product safety governance mechanism
· Provide safety engineering expertise to steer the product development teams
· Lead continuous improvement of new product safety processes
· Establish good cooperation with Market Safety team to ensure alignment between processes and closed loop for all safety issues.
· Collaborate effectively with Research, Design and Development stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of safety deliverables on new product projects and continuously enhance safety culture, processes and governance across all Dyson stakeholder groups
· Demonstrable industrial experience in safety engineering/ product safety
· Strong technical background in product development and/ or safety engineering gained from successfully leading teams to achieve new product safety deliverables, including;
o Safety plans
o FTA studies
o HAZID & HAZOP
o Safety requirements
o Verification test procedures
o Functional safety assessments
· Demonstrable ability to manage new product safety deliverables achievement and to identify and resolve new product safety issues through stakeholder influence and effective cross team governance
· Demonstrable prior ability to lead, manage, coach and develop a team of safety engineers
· Ability to demonstrate with experience/ examples some or all of the desired leadership behaviours below:
o Delivery focused
o Process orientated
o Strong collaborator
o Effective influencer
o Data driven
o High energy
· Ability to lead and motivate others to achieve outstanding results.
· Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this role.
· Willingness to challenge the status quo and relentlessly drive continuous improvement.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.